Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What Interpretation/Model of QM Predicts Bell Inequality Violations ?

1. Nov 13, 2013 #1

morrobay

Gold Member

Are there any modern interpretations of QM that predict the correlations in a Bell Inequality
    violation ? Preferably a local non realistic model based on mechanisms.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 13, 2013 #2

PAllen

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Any interpretation that does not predict observed violations of the bell inequalities would immediately be rejected. Thus, all remotely serious philosophic interpretations of QM predict Bell inequality violations.

4. Nov 14, 2013 #3

naima

Gold Member

The "shut up calculate" interpretation perfectly describes the Bell inequality violation.

5. Nov 14, 2013 #4
    None. All interpretations of QM lead to the same math. The only difference is the interpretation of the math.

6. Nov 14, 2013 #5

Nugatory

Staff: Mentor

I think you meant "all of them"?

7. Nov 14, 2013 #6
    I guess so, because QM violates the inequality. I meant to say that none of them violate the results predicted by QM for the experiment proposed by Bell, which is not the same thing, granted.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook