What Interpretation/Model of QM Predicts Bell Inequality Violations ?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
Point Conception
Gold Member
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
1,959
Are there any modern interpretations of QM that predict the correlations in a Bell Inequality
violation ? Preferably a local non realistic model based on mechanisms.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
morrobay said:
Are there any modern interpretations of QM that predict the correlations in a Bell Inequality
violation ? Preferably a local non realistic model based on mechanisms.

Any interpretation that does not predict observed violations of the bell inequalities would immediately be rejected. Thus, all remotely serious philosophic interpretations of QM predict Bell inequality violations.
 
The "shut up calculate" interpretation perfectly describes the Bell inequality violation.
 
None. All interpretations of QM lead to the same math. The only difference is the interpretation of the math.
 
dauto said:
None. All interpretations of QM lead to the same math. The only difference is the interpretation of the math.

I think you meant "all of them"?
 
Nugatory said:
I think you meant "all of them"?

I guess so, because QM violates the inequality. I meant to say that none of them violate the results predicted by QM for the experiment proposed by Bell, which is not the same thing, granted.