What is causing the dirty rain and animal attacks in the Northwest?

  • Thread starter Thread starter nsaspook
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Rain
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 4K views
Science Advisor
Messages
1,567
Reaction score
5,225
I've no idea what the cause is but it fell over a wide area.

http://www.kboi2.com/news/local/Mysterious-dirty-rain-falling-in-Eastern-Washington-Oregon-291094521.html
http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-news/31142818
 
Earth sciences news on Phys.org
We've had some very intense sunrises in the last week so it looks like something has been in the air. My 9yo girl said the clouds looked purple today when I picked her up from school.

http://media.komonews.com/images/660*364/150102_mt_hood_sunrise_13.jpg
http://media.komonews.com/images/660*436/150102_mt_hood_sunrise_01.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Greg Bernhardt
Certainly looks like ash.

nsaspook said:
http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-news/31142818
A striking resemblance to Max Headroom in the flesh. :nb)
 
Thanks Phinds. The contrast between you gloomy words and that picture of your goofy dog made me laugh and laugh.
 
I didn't notice anything where I live (near Seattle). This isn't surprising, as we've had a lot of rain this week, so anything in the air got washed out pretty quickly. @nsaspook, what peak is that in your pictures? It looks like one of the Cascade volcanoes -- maybe Mt. Hood?
 
Don't drink the water.
Mark44 said:
I didn't notice anything where I live (near Seattle). This isn't surprising, as we've had a lot of rain this week, so anything in the air got washed out pretty quickly. @nsaspook, what peak is that in your pictures? It looks like one of the Cascade volcanoes -- maybe Mt. Hood?

Yes.
 
Dirty rain and animal attacks.

http://www.kptv.com/story/28093928/oregon-city-installing-maddow-designed-owl-warning-signs-after-park-attacks?autostart=true