What is/how do i measure the module of these bevel gears?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 6K views
hexhamallstar
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

I've got 2 bevel gears that I'm recreating in CAD, I've got the shapes down it's just a little bit of fine tuning with the dimensions, for which I need the module/diametral pitch of the gears.

The pinion has 9 teeth and a tip diameter of roughly 39.3mm, and the gear has 14 teeth and a tip diameter of 54.5mm. How would I go about finding the module/pitch diameter of these gears? They are straight bevel gears, and I've attached photographs below.

Thanks,

Phil
 
Attachments
  • 9-tooth-pinion.jpg
    9-tooth-pinion.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,057
  • 12-tooth-gear.JPG
    12-tooth-gear.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 929
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
mod = pcd/n

n =# of teeth.

as far as i know, you need one to find the other.