What is Intensity of Ray? Where to Get Info?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter ATPenergy
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
ATPenergy
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
What is this equation I[tex]\gamma[/tex]=([tex]\Gamma[/tex]N)/D2

It is about Intensity of ray.
But I can't find any information about it.
What is it? And where can I get the information?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi ATPenergy! :smile:
ATPenergy said:
What is this equation I[tex]\gamma[/tex]=([tex]\Gamma[/tex]N)/D2

It is about Intensity of ray.
But I can't find any information about it.
What is it? And where can I get the information?

I'm not sure, but it looks a bit like irradiance = radiant flux (or radiant power) per area :confused: …

see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiant_flux"

what book did you get it from?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
i think it is the relation between natural line width, mean life time and Planck's constant!
the correct relation which i know (FWHM)*meanlifetime=hbar.