What is reverse recovery time in diodes?

  • Thread starter Thread starter M. next
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Reverse Time
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 3K views
M. next
Messages
380
Reaction score
0
I really tried to read about it, but I just don't get it? What does it mean in simple-language?
What is (storage time) & (transition interval)?
Elaborate Please!

[It is included in diode introductory lesson]
 
Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Well, I can speak for reverse recovery time, only in the context I have seen it.

It is the amount of time it takes for current to stop flowing, once the diode becomes reverse biased in the circuit.
 
Here, I posted it anyways, it is a snatch from the soft-copy of the book "Electronic Devices and Circuit Theory" for Robert L. Boylestad
"The text and the associated figure"
 
Attachments
  • PhysicsText.PNG
    PhysicsText.PNG
    91.9 KB · Views: 537
  • FigureAssociated.PNG
    FigureAssociated.PNG
    7.4 KB · Views: 539
No thank you for your time :) It was a bit awkward to understand the concept.
 
So please if you get it or even if you don't let me know.. Especially the concepts that I posted in the main Question..