What is the acceleration of each body in the given figure?

In summary, the conversation is about someone seeking help with finding the acceleration of each body in a given fig link. They have been instructed to analyze the forces on each mass separately and apply Newton's 2nd law, but their answer is not matching with the original answer. The person is requesting for a solution to be provided, but is reminded to post their own solution first before receiving help.
kocchumon
fig link...http://rapidshare.com/files/297246331/P.docx.html

What is the acceleration of each body the fig explain ?

please help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Show your work in order to get help. What have you done and where are you stuck?

Hint: Analyze the forces on each mass separately and apply Newton's 2nd law.

i am getting an answer but its not matching with the original answer...please help.can u please explain if u hav any answers

kocchumon said:
i am getting an answer but its not matching with the original answer...
Please post the details of your solution, step by step. Then we can see where--or if--you went wrong.

sir please give me a solution ...i don't want to lose my time...
!

kocchumon said:
sir please give me a solution ...i don't want to lose my time...
!
Then stop wasting time and post your solution. We don't hand out answers here.

1. What is acceleration?

Acceleration is the rate of change of an object's velocity over time. It is a vector quantity, meaning it has both magnitude and direction. When an object's acceleration is constant, it indicates that its velocity is changing at a steady rate.

2. How is acceleration calculated?

Acceleration can be calculated by dividing the change in an object's velocity by the time it takes for that change to occur. The formula for acceleration is a = (vf - vi) / t, where a is acceleration, vf is final velocity, vi is initial velocity, and t is time.

3. What factors affect acceleration?

The two main factors that affect acceleration are the force acting on an object and the mass of the object. The greater the force applied, the greater the acceleration, while the greater the mass, the slower the acceleration. Other factors that can affect acceleration include friction, air resistance, and the object's shape.

4. How is acceleration represented in a graph?

Acceleration is represented on a graph by the slope of the line on a velocity-time graph. The steeper the slope, the greater the acceleration. On a distance-time graph, acceleration is represented by a curved line, with the degree of curvature indicating the rate of change in velocity.

5. How does acceleration differ from velocity?

Velocity is a measure of the speed and direction of an object, while acceleration is a measure of how much the velocity is changing. Velocity is a vector quantity, while acceleration is a vector quantity. In other words, velocity has both magnitude and direction, while acceleration has magnitude, direction, and a rate of change.