What is the Age Range of Scientists in the Nuclear Engineering Field?

• Thread starter eosphorus
  • Start date
  • Tags
In summary, the conversation revolves around the ages of the members in a forum. The initial speaker, who is 31, wonders if the majority of the members are younger than him. The conversation then goes on to reveal the ages of various members, ranging from 13 to 97. Some members joke about their age, while others express surprise about the true ages of certain members. The conversation ends with the members playfully teasing each other about their ages.
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm 16.

On another note, I've zoquoed recently (there, I got the l reached the minimum too).

Smasherman said:
I'm 16.

On another note, I've zoquoed recently (there, I got the l reached the minimum too).

:smile:

zoquo (zo-kwo) v. to add extra characters or words to a post on PF in order to meet the 10 character minimum.

hitssquad said:
By the way, loseyourname, this reminds me of a rhetoric device I learned a few years ago. Using smaller units, even though they force the use of larger quantification, can make an audience think in terms of smallness — and vice versa. (Maybe the subconscious mind thinks, "Well, if it can be measured in units that small, it must not be very large.")

For example, a corporation trying to downplay its own size in a given PR instance might say it has $800 million in annual sales. In another PR instance, that same corporation might say it as four-fifths of a billion dollars in annual sales. (If the sales can be measured in billions, they must be big, right?)

Chevrolet, trying to convince its European customers of how good a job it did in reducing the length of the 2005 Corvette, might say the car has a length of 175.0 inches. (If it can be measured in inches, it must be short.) Porsche might reply by saying the car is grossly long at over 14 feet. (If it can be measured in feet, it must be very long, indeed.) In fact, the latest Corvette is so long it streches over 2 3/4 thousandths of a mile, from bumper to bumper. How many other cars can be measured in units of miles?

So I take it you aren't giving your age? Not even in seconds or millenia?

loseyourname said:
So I take it you aren't giving your age? Not even in seconds or millenia?
If he started telling us anything about himself, he would have to give up his title as most mysterious PFer. :biggrin:

259718400 ish

Moonbear said:
If he started telling us anything about himself, he would have to give up his title as most mysterious PFer. :biggrin:
I agree, and hope he continues to reveal nothing. It's something like Wilson on Home Improvement: you never see the lower half of his face, and it is never explained why. And hitsquad, like Wilson, generally has all the answers.

My guess...hitssquad is 35-39.

Evo said:
Such a narrow margin of probability could only arise from one source: hitsquad, himself. Therefore, I deduce:

YOU ARE HITSQUAD!

Wow, that may be the most logical thing Zooby has ever said in GD.

zoobyshoe said:
Such a narrow margin of probability could only arise from one source: hitsquad, himself. Therefore, I deduce:

YOU ARE HITSQUAD!
Aw crud, I've been discovered. :rolleyes:

Evo said:
Aw crud, I've been discovered. :rolleyes:
I liked you better when you were a girl

Smurf said:
I liked you better when you were a girl
Double crud. :frown:

(should I confess that I'm not hitssquad?)

Evo said:
Aw crud, I've been discovered.:rolleyes:
And your real name is neither hitsquad nor Evo, but Squadley Evo Google, and your googling skills are due to the amazing fact that you are:

The Inventor Of Google!

Google's not an invention, it's a company.

Smurf said:
Google's not an invention, it's a company.
I invented it. Then it became a company. :devil:

Funny, altavista was doing well, but then google took off and altavista didn't. :confused: It was probably due in part to altavista screwing up and losing their domain name to a squatter for awhile.

Evo said:
I think he might be around 20 or so, based on his comments about his studies in nuclear engineering at Oregon State.