What is the angle of the rope in Physics 11 problem 10?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Iceclover
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Physics Physics 11
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Iceclover
Messages
59
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


An 845N sled is is pulled a distance of 185m. The taskt requires 1.20 x 10^4J of work and is done by pulling a rope with a force of 125N. At what angle is the rope held


Homework Equations


W=Cos(of theta) Fd


The Attempt at a Solution


F=845N
d=185m
W=1.20x10^4J
F=125N
angle=?

I know how to do this question if I am given an angle but i don't really know what to do when I am supposed to be finding the angle.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
theta = arccos(W/(F*d)) is how you'd find the angle given that eqn.
 
Iceclover said:
is the right answer 1.0 degrees?
No. You were given the correct equation , please show how you arrived at your answer.