What is the angular velocity of a hinged pole as a truck accelerates?

  • Topic:
  • Thread starter Thread starter chunky
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Pole Truck
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
chunky
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
The uniform 3.6 m pole is hinged to the truck bed and released from the vertical position as the truck starts from rest with an acceleration of 0.90 m/s2. If the acceleration remains constant during the motion of the pole, calculate the angular velocity of the pole as it reaches the horizontal position.

I believe I know this question however I wanted to be sure
 
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Please go ahead and post your solution so far, then.
 
Never mind my solution was wrong although I think that using the equations

Vr=0
Vtheta=r*Theta
Ar=-r*Theta(dot)^2
Atheta=r*Theta(double dot)

However i am unsure as to how to add the trucks acceleration into the solution.