What is the Best Saxophone Song?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3,151 replies · 585K views
lisab said:
Nice, baywax :smile:!

Whoa! Thanks Lisab! It was a total gas making that song and vid!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
HeLiXe said:
Pretty cool Baywax n_n the beat is really great and the vid is cool!

Thank you Helixe! Always a pleasure!
 
I've been listening to a lot of CBC radio lately, and damn do they play some good stuff, probably a little more modern than what has been posted before me, but good nonetheless:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9dXtqGJqIE

The guitar in this one is awesome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQGUo-JYAEw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4yP_icYILQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDTZ7iX4vTQ
 
Sometimes, you don't know what you've got, till you've lost her:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tewdim5Ugek
 
Adyssa said:
I love this version of Let It Be from Across The Universe (movie).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ahe5IDVbzg

and Dear Prudence as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEXakVA87PA

<3

Thank you Adyssa. I'm familiar with the Beatles, but I've not had much time for them lately. Work. Work. Work.

Someone said I might like this movie a few years ago, as I'd liked the music many years ago.

I think I do like this across the universe movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ4N3JqO_P0&NR

It speaks to me, from many dimensions.
 
lisab said:
The thing pointing to the lyrics...is that a...leek :confused:?

Love that song btw!

that is the http://leekspin.com/" .


one of the best B52s songs that never got popular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCq13n-pcSw
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man!

I haven’t really been listening to heavy metal for some 20 years or so (got 'immune' by hammering in a band thru my teenage years), but tonight Metallica was live on TV for 3 hr and it was just BRUTAL!

Next time I’ll buy a ticket!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLcD0MyvcAU And the real cool thing – they seem to have headbanging fans in all ages!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGLKFavXe4E

(15 months and sign of the horns is almost there... :smile:)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
ThomasT said:


Love it!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncFwFlrrBzM
 
Last edited by a moderator:
DevilsAvocado said:
Oh man!

I haven’t really been listening to heavy metal for some 20 years or so (got 'immune' by hammering in a band thru my teenage years), but tonight Metallica was live on TV for 3 hr and it was just BRUTAL!
...
And the real cool thing – they seem to have headbanging fans in all ages!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGLKFavXe4E

(15 months and sign of the horns is almost there... :smile:)


You think he'll be into QM when he grows up? Headbangers for Physics. :biggrin:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
dlgoff said:
You think he'll be into QM when he grows up? Headbangers for Physics. :biggrin:

Yup! Enter QM Sandman!:smile:
 
Joan Jett then...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbiYv_lNfFA

And now. She's still got it. (And so does Carmen Electra)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVlcAJFTPRo
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYjBQKIOb-w
+
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g6nPYyIS_I
=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN1h5av2Bj0
 
Last edited:
Willowz said:


Ya mon reespek, Danish raggamuffin irie mon. How about stressing da irie original mon? :wink:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5FCdx7Dn0o
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Him say
DevilsAvocado said:
Ya mon reespek, Danish raggamuffin irie mon. How about stressing da irie original mon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvDZ8U-7A1A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT1Sa91N75E
 
Willowz said:
If I may,
bpS-cOBK6Q[/youtube][/QUOTE] I w... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bpS-cOBK6Q
 
I came across this surf video while looking for Hawaii videos. Good reggae from 1992. "Shark Attack" by the Wailing Souls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--BQ8DeLf9s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw5lIdSYFDM
 
Members here will know of my fondness for They Might be Giants (clicked my sig yet, baby?), and I'm not one to get in your face over my musical preferences (not since I became an adult at age 34, anyway), BUT...

It took me no time to love the following video. It's a cover of a song I had been ambivalent about for the last decade (Chumbawamba's "Tubthumping"; haters, don't hang up yet). The prevailing good moods of the two Johns (Linnell and Flansburg) are infectuous, and have turned a dour drinking song into the upbeat anthem it was meant to be.

See it here for completeness as part of the Undercover series at Onion's AV Club:
http://www.avclub.com/articles/they-might-be-giants-covers-chumbawamba,53068/

Or view in Youtube, without the Starbuck's ad, without the long load (the video is now "viral" and the Onion AV Club's server is apparently unable to keep up with demand). But the Youtube bounce unfortunately clipped off the first line of the song:
fg1yRwx-PK0[/youtube]
 
Chi Meson said:
Members here will know of my fondness for They Might be Giants (clicked my sig yet, baby?), and I'm not one to get in your face over my musical preferences (not since I became an adult at age 34, anyway), BUT...

It took me no time to love the following video. It's a cover of a song I had been ambivalent about for the last decade (Chumbawamba's "Tubthumping"; haters, don't hang up yet). The prevailing good moods of the two Johns (Linnell and Flansburg) are infectuous, and have turned a dour drinking song into the upbeat anthem it was meant to be.

See it here for completeness as part of the Undercover series at Onion's AV Club:
http://www.avclub.com/articles/they-might-be-giants-covers-chumbawamba,53068/

Or view in Youtube, without the Starbuck's ad, without the long load (the video is now "viral" and the Onion AV Club's server is apparently unable to keep up with demand). But the Youtube bounce unfortunately clipped off the first line of the song:
fg1yRwx-PK0[/youtube][/QUOTE]Thank you for that Chi. I also love They Might Be Giants.
 
As the ukulele seems to be very popular these days, I thought I would post an arrangement of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody that I think is amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKEOU5924_8
 
Jimmy said:
As the ukulele seems to be very popular these days, I thought I would post an arrangement of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody that I think is amazing:

I have to admit that I wasn't expecting much, but now I agree that it's pretty amazing.

I like how the audience was smiling, and then I realized that I was smiling too.
 
People are often surprised by the music that can be made with a ukulele- especially when hearing someone like Jake play. Ten years ago, as a guitar player, I would have probably smirked if someone mentioned playing the ukulele. I've been playing one for a couple of years now and it really does make me smile.