What is the Best Saxophone Song?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3,151 replies · 587K views
Elton Jhon, 'Your song'
 
Physics news on Phys.org
For me it will be this. Thank you-alanis morissete.

Amazing voice and amazing the idea of presentation.

_________
Cantolea,
 
Cantolea said:
Thank you, ThomasT :)
__________
Cantolea
Welcome. I've always liked her stuff. Thanks for reminding me. I especially like her "Thank You".
 
Here are a few song I enjoy, probably not the best songs...

Chevelle-Get some, tug-of-war, face to the floor, etc.

I really enjoying listening to rock songs.
 
For the romantics
Besame Mucho

Loose translation

Kiss me like this is our last kiss because we never know how many more we'll have



Can't get it to imbed. Annoying.

Edit by Borek: strange, [noparse]win2PG2mQ-M[/youtube][/noparse] seems to be working as usual:[/I] [url]win2PG2mQ-M[/youtube]
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Sometimes you can't get much closer to the truth than Country/Rock. This one is thanks to Rodney Crowell and Vince Gill.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I always thought this Bowie song was absolutely amazing.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9qYF9DZPdw

This. One. Is. PURE GENIUS! :biggrin: I couldn't stop laughing! It's too true! :biggrin:
 
denjay said:
Always love The Mothers.
Those mothers are crazy. Post some mothers.
 
Do I post this every year?! Maybe so. Here it is again.

CONGRATS to the PFers who graduated this year!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwVVpwBKUp0

:approve:
 
YPaSYUk-4RE[/youtube] [MEDIA=youtube]YPaSYUk-4RE[/MEDIA]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
BV-ASc0qkrM[/youtube] [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV-ASc0qkrM&feature=related
 
5hq-zCpGd_I[/youtube] [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hq-zCpGd_I&feature=related
 


There's just something about this tune, the melancholy, the whimsical whistling, the simple lyrics... it's such a good natured song all in all. :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Feeling the mid-life crisis right about now (good news is that I should make it to 94 years old!). Going through my 80s music, and re-rediscovering these gems, and finally I get to see the videos. Meet the Verlaines from New Zealand

 
Last edited by a moderator:


K18hEkpMl-Y[/youtube] left ear fo...und 0:35 [MEDIA=youtube]xcJmE4c50K8[/MEDIA]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I know that I linked this before, but the song just came up on the carousel, and I had to listen to it a couple of times. It's that good.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Is somebody a fan of 8-bit music here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67PAJwrHyGc
 

Gotye - Somebody that I Used to Know


Flogging Molly - If I Ever Leave This World Alive
 
Last edited by a moderator:
And now for something *completely* different!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OngIbIs1rVE
 
Lol! I remember that I've always tried to figure out what was he saying :p
 
Great foot stompin' tune at 09:20 The Ramnee Ceilidh (Release Da Hounds)
Great guitar line at 10:53 to 11:20, then again at 13:33 to 13:42 end of tune.
Artist: Croft No. Five
from the Album: Attention All Personnel

Thistle and Shamrock, Bass Rock
http://www.npr.org/2012/06/20/155435366/thistle-and-shamrock-bass-rock


19:40-25:00 some kind of Celtic electronica

June 14, 2012
Program 1516: Bass Rock (June 14, 2012) Week 24 Playlist.

Contributions by acoustic and electric bass to Celtic music are subtle, imaginative and, with players like Alain Genty, firmly in the foreground.

Le Petit Encrier…by Tony McManus & Alain Genty from Singing Sands (Greentrax)
Broom of Cowdenknowes…by Savourna Stevenson, June Tabor, Danny Thompson from Singing the Storm (Cooking Vinyl)
The Ramnee Ceilidh/Release Da Hounds…by Croft No. Five from Attention All Personnel (Foot Stompin')
Worcester City…by Eliza Carthy from Anglicana (Topic)
Trois Messagers…by Alain Genty from Une Petite Lanterne (Keltia Musique)
At Dawn of Day/Grey-haired Woman from Raasay…by Capercaillie from Choice language (Vertical)
ID Excerpt: A Forest Plin…by Alain Genty from La Couleur du Milieu (Coop Breiz)
Dans Tro Lors…by Annie Ebrel & Riccardo Del Fra from Voulez Loar – Velluto di Luna (Gwerz)
She’s in the Attic…by Shooglenifty from Radical Mestizo (Compass)
May Colvin…by Sìleas from Play on Light (Greentrax)
Smile/Mrs Elizabeth Thoumire…by Simon Thoumire Three from Waltzes for Playboys (Acoustic Radio)
That's the Way It Is…by Jacqui McShee’s Pentangle from Passe Avant (Park Records)
Peter Man...by The Kathryn Tickell Band from Air Dancing (Park)