What is the Best Saxophone Song?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3,151 replies · 585K views
Big Yellow Taxi, another Joni Mitchell song.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'd forgotten about this one, but accidentally came across it again while following youtube links...

Ralph McTell, "Streets of London".



Ralph McTell said:
The rain cries a little pity
For one more forgotten hero
And a world that doesn't care.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I may already have posted this, but oh,well. The Neville brothers with John Hiatt performing Yellow Moon. Scary-good.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and let's not forget this one. It probably qualifies to be in the "Saddest Songs" thread as well.

The Rolling Stones, "Angie".
RcZn2-bGXqQ[/youtube] (It might ha... spells to join the ranks of the undead. o:)
 
Last edited:
I've been through a few of the posts, but I have not seen anything by Queen, maybe I missed it.

Anyone else like "Somebody to Love"

?

If you look for the link , careful not to end up in the Justin Beaver song.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Bacle2 said:
I've been through a few of the posts, but I have not seen anything by Queen, maybe I missed it.

Anyone else like "Somebody to Love"




?

If you look for the link , careful not to end up in the Justin Beaver song.


Like it? No.

Love it? Oh yeah! I sing like a fool whenever it comes on the radio :biggrin:.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Bacle2 said:
I've been through a few of the posts, but I have not seen anything by Queen, maybe I missed it.

Anyone else like "Somebody to Love"

?

If you look for the link , careful not to end up in the Justin Beaver song.


Ahhh, I love Queen <3

I'm also increasingly finding myself listening to David Broza :shy:



He writes songs in English, Hebrew, and Spanish :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Everything is OK in the universe again, the Monkees are back on tour!

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/the-monkees-reveal-u-s-summer-tour-dates-20130429?utm_source=dailynewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter

I'll be on the last train, see you guys in Pleasant Valley :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r57a8vNvkQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEYXqRS3Ynk
 
Hoorah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwMc3RsF-1M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdO86G5q-WY
 
I first heard this in my local museum as a kid. It used to play as you crossed through a dark corridor into an even darker adjoining room, all about the 18th century --- known for being really creepy. This song really inspired and captured my imagination back then, I've been addicted to Mozart ever since.

Mozart - Lacrimosa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1-TrAvp_xs

This one reminds me of my first visit to Jodrell Bank and stargazing with my Dad back in the 90's. That also sparked an interest and fascination with space I have to this day!

Oasis - Don't Look Back In Anger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQqR1tmzClQ
 
I'm reposting this because the video title keeps disappearing and I didn't type a separate identification. I think this happens because of downloads to personal devices. If so, it happens regularly. It's an amateur recording of Amy Winehouse performing before a rowdy but friendly crowd in Paris. The picture is a bit unsteady but the audio is decent.

Song: Some Unholy War (Winehouse) Location: Zenith (club), Paris, France, 2007. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L2NfaoPrg4&feature
 
Last edited:
Gettin the Led out!

Sorry gang, just had to get the LED out!:devil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xvTmpc4eX4
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lphB-z6AuL0

Sheryl's song, has reminded me of me, and the people around me, since it came out. :smile:

-----------------
the best songs, are personal... :)
 
JUDAS PRIEST: DIAMONDS AND RUST (Joan Baez)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIC7KQPDuDc
 
Any Lumineers fans here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GFvUCcljkM

 
Last edited by a moderator:
^ I've never heard Led do this delta style blues slide guitar before. It sounds pretty authentic (to my ear anyway). Thanks for posting.
 
Last edited:
If you like the slide you might like this song as well (it's more famous than the previous song): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1yUvdQnERk
 
WannabeNewton said:
If you like the slide you might like this song as well (it's more famous than the previous song):

Yeah. I believe I've heard this before. You can hear the delta blues influence, but this is definitely more typical Led style rock.

Here's some of the pure stuff. It may be an acquired taste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdh9MgE7vac
 
Oh I'm no alien to the delta blues. The old Mississippi style slide guitar is something I've become accustomed to in my household because my mom played it a lot, I'm guessing because she heard it a lot in the westerns she watched. Here's one from one of my most favorite artists of all time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0_eRVroLqs
 
WannabeNewton said:
Oh I'm no alien to the delta blues.

I guess not if you're into Muddy Waters. There's a few postings in this thread of the more popular blues musicians: BB King, Bobby"Blue" Bland but they're fairly rare. Nevertheless I find this thread interesting. I've discovered a lot of music that I've "missed" and it's expanded my horizons. Good talking with you. Keep posting the good stuff. Gotta get some things done before sack time.
 
Let me leave you with this then, for a change of pace:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTsvs-pAGDc
 
I prefer Classical Thomas.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnrwM7vFn_U
Fun Fact: George Carlin narrated Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends from 1991-1995.