What is the Best Saxophone Song?
- Thread starter Evo
- Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3,151 replies · 586K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Homework Helper
- 2,864
- 89
Bacle2 said:Anyone like Highway Star:
?
My favourite driving song (in my 911) for a long time.
Last edited by a moderator:
Science Advisor
- 1,089
- 10
Curious3141 said:My favourite driving song (in my 911) for a long time.
The 911? A killer machine; it's got everything.
It was the favorite song in my iPod when I was riding my 4-wheel Schwinn, or my tricycle, but it's definitely not the same thing.
Last edited:
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 5,850
- 554
The mighty Bonham:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbHC60b9eyE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-92UyL80eWY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbHC60b9eyE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-92UyL80eWY
DiracPool
- 1,254
- 514
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnKl52bu1G0
DP recommends: Play this one LOUD
DP recommends: Play this one LOUD
Digitalism
- 40
- 6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5lMp-1oUVc[/youtube]
Last edited:
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XORCO2-ljYA
Nobody knows, nobody see's... nobody knows, but me...
Mentor
- 29,213
- 4,643
Curious3141 said:My favourite driving song (in my 911) for a long time.
Speaking of driving songs:
Best listened to driving the main road along Hvar island in Croatia. Just because it is the main one, doesn't make it wide nor straight. In some places it is a pure adrenaline.
Last edited by a moderator:
Science Advisor
- 365
- 88
Ian Tyson's Cliche Song
This country song is absolutely perfect. Most songwriters have to insert a dull, non-cliche line somewhere in their song just to tie the cliches in the song together, or because many writers feel their songs have to have at least one incomprehensible thought, but Tyson achieved true perfection - every single line of this song is so cliche it makes your eyes water!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NuIKF2D7cw
I had to include Ian Tyson's version since he wrote it, but two of the covers of this song are pretty unforgettable:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w70-1b9SCj0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tEu9vUemgI
This country song is absolutely perfect. Most songwriters have to insert a dull, non-cliche line somewhere in their song just to tie the cliches in the song together, or because many writers feel their songs have to have at least one incomprehensible thought, but Tyson achieved true perfection - every single line of this song is so cliche it makes your eyes water!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NuIKF2D7cw
I had to include Ian Tyson's version since he wrote it, but two of the covers of this song are pretty unforgettable:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w70-1b9SCj0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tEu9vUemgI
Last edited by a moderator:
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 5,850
- 554
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHxsjJ3BdLQ
Von Neumann
- 101
- 4
Last edited by a moderator:
DiracPool
- 1,254
- 514
Theoretical physicists hate ANYTHING that keeps their mind from wandering/wondering. Oooo, is it wondering or wandering? They're so so cryptic, those Beatles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NZU-QZghkM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NZU-QZghkM
SW VandeCarr
- 2,199
- 77
Since I posted versions of "A Song for You" in the "Strange or Bizarre Covers" thread, I thought I should post this version, by Leon Russell, Willie Nelson and Ray Charles, here in Best Songs. The occasion was Willie's 70th birthday at New York's Beacon Theater (2003) according to the YT poster.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UW4ELmVD9M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UW4ELmVD9M
Last edited:
DiracPool
- 1,254
- 514
I felt a little down today, so this is for those as I...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYp7_k29TiI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYp7_k29TiI
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 5,850
- 554
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB8JXBTmHXY
DiracPool
- 1,254
- 514
After watching that Zep video, I thought they were favorite band. But they are not, They are my 3rd favorite band, I want you people to give me your top 5 musical artists, in the appropriate order. And no lady gaga, here's mine:
1. Pink Floyd
2. Rush
3. Led Zeppelin
4. Beatles
5. The Who
1. Pink Floyd
2. Rush
3. Led Zeppelin
4. Beatles
5. The Who
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 5,850
- 554
1. Led Zeppelin
2. Led Zeppelin
3. Led Zeppelin
4. Led Zeppelin
5. Led Zeppelin
2. Led Zeppelin
3. Led Zeppelin
4. Led Zeppelin
5. Led Zeppelin
DiracPool
- 1,254
- 514
WannabeNewton said:1. Led Zeppelin
2. Led Zeppelin
3. Led Zeppelin
4. Led Zeppelin
5. Led Zeppelin
Lol. Ok, I'll play your game, how about your top 5 Zep songs, smartass?
Here's my #1, I'll think of the rest later...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkjv9SscotY
DiracPool
- 1,254
- 514
Here's #2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXbLlxJO5Uc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXbLlxJO5Uc
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 5,850
- 554
1. Kashmir:
2. Achilles Last Stand:
3. Since I've Been Loving You:
4. Good Times Bad Times:
5. Bring It On Home:
2. Achilles Last Stand:
3. Since I've Been Loving You:
4. Good Times Bad Times:
5. Bring It On Home:
Last edited by a moderator:
DiracPool
- 1,254
- 514
You forgot these 2 B-sides:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onVzyoMVjWA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtEAp-Rybl0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onVzyoMVjWA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtEAp-Rybl0
DiracPool
- 1,254
- 514
Achilles Last Stand?
Presence sucked
Presence sucked
dkotschessaa
- 1,063
- 763
WannabeNewton said:1. Led Zeppelin
2. Led Zeppelin
3. Led Zeppelin
4. Led Zeppelin
5. Led Zeppelin
hehe
I've played blues guitar, then was in a heavy metal band as a teenager, and then later went to school for music and played jazz guitar for awhile. After that I played classical guitar for about 10 years. I listen to all kinds of music and am the ultimate music snob.
And *still* whenever a Led Zepplin song comes up on Jango, I think that they are the best band of all time, and despite it's overplayedness and abuse by guitarists everywhere, "Stairway to Heaven" is still the best rock song of all time, in composition and in execution. I'm sure it's already been posted.
-Dave K
DiracPool
- 1,254
- 514
I'm so lonely, I can't stop crying today, sorry...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaNt9-QkiHI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaNt9-QkiHI
DiracPool
- 1,254
- 514
dkotschessaa said:hehe
I've played blues guitar, then was in a heavy metal band as a teenager, and then later went to school for music and played jazz guitar for awhile. After that I played classical guitar for about 10 years. I listen to all kinds of music and am the ultimate music snob.
And *still* whenever a Led Zepplin song comes up on Jango, I think that they are the best band of all time, and despite it's overplayedness and abuse by guitarists everywhere, "Stairway to Heaven" is still the best rock song of all time, in composition and in execution. I'm sure it's already been posted.
-Dave K
No, Chemistry by Rush is he best song ever conceived.
intellect7
- 2
- 0
Possibly Tom Sawyer, by Rush.
Or 2112.
Any Rush song is pretty epic.
TOM SAWYER:
2112:
Or 2112.
Any Rush song is pretty epic.
TOM SAWYER:
2112:
Last edited by a moderator:
DiracPool
- 1,254
- 514
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCrZjvDRer4
DiracPool
- 1,254
- 514
Well, that version sucked, but its the best song ever
DiracPool
- 1,254
- 514
Rush are my #2 band, just after Pink Floyd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M7AEi68a20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M7AEi68a20
Similar threads
- Daniel Petka
- · Replies 92 ·
- Classical Physics
- Replies
- 92
- Anton Alice
- · Replies 6 ·
- Classical Physics
- Replies
- 6
- JonnyG
- · Replies 4 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 4
- ZapperZ
- · Replies 7 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 7
- micromass
- · Replies 106 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 106
- strangerep
- · Replies 30 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 30
- icarus5
- · Replies 13 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 13
- Evo
- · Replies 91 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 91
- Stratosphere
- · Replies 3 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 3
- hypatia
- · Replies 108 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 108