What is the Best Saxophone Song?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3,151 replies · 587K views
See, that's what friendship's all about, ,your buddies stand by you even when you make an *** out of yourself. Thankfully, I have one friend, and he has no friends, lol.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Good Ol' Boys from way down south in Kent:

 
Last edited by a moderator:
SW VandeCarr said:
Good Ol' Boys from way down south in Kent:



Oh, c'mon, Vande, this song is soo tired, I'm about to fall asleep
 
Last edited by a moderator:
DiracPool said:
Oh, c'mon, Vande, this song is soo tired, I'm about to fall asleep

Well Charlie certainly looked like he would agree with you, but Mick seemed to be enjoying himself and he's the boss. It hit number 1 in the US (Billboard). There's actually a Bakersfield (CA) style of country music.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bakersfield_sound

Whatever you say, it's better than listening to Taylor Swift.
 
Last edited:
Chris Wood looks like such a geek in this video, what is he doing? Lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUrtAGu_8GQ
 
Stevie Winwood embarrassed himself at his r&r hall of fame, inaugural, but I still love him
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TMwz6hIypU​

You can blame this one on LisaB. :-p
 
DiracPool said:
Chris Wood looks like such a geek in this video, what is he doing? Lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUrtAGu_8GQ

WannabeNewton said:
1. Led Zeppelin
2. Led Zeppelin
3. Led Zeppelin
4. Led Zeppelin
5. Led Zeppelin

Ah! That reminds me. Robert Plant is going to be playing at the blues festival in town real soon.

I think I'll buy a ticket or two. :devil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RBmdFGNt48​

--------------------------
ps. I'm really glad I never saw these videos when I was listening to this music back in the 80's. It would have ruined the music. What on Earth kind of drugs were people on back then?
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJg1NNyke2E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvbCV6E0Wro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uin2XVWY1Ig

Makes great revision music imo.
 
I've been checking out favorites recommended by my 15 year old nephew, who is almost certainly going to be a successful performer himself. The kid can seriously rock a guitar now and has been highly driven since he about six years old. His first year in high school they made him lead guitar for the seniors in the school band! Just last week he was approached by a booking agent who wants to start booking his band for professional events.

So, here's one of his favorites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8WP7aOD_9Q
 
Ok, here's a curveball, the first girl I made out with at the golf'n'stuff in Ventura circa 1979 with this song playing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNqji6FjekQ

Her name was Dawn...
 
DiracPool said:
Ok, here's a curveball, the first girl I made out with at the golf'n'stuff in Ventura circa 1979 with this song playing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNqji6FjekQ

Her name was Dawn...

Dig that fro man! That brings back a lot of memories.

Likewise, in honor of Barbara, Kim, Sue, and Pam... :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DohRa9lsx0Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7sCl56PsXQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG8MQ8f4nF4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGqsOX4g99k
 
That not my fro Ivan, why does everyone confuse the messenger with the message on this site?
 
DiracPool said:
That not my fro Ivan, why does everyone confuse the messenger with the message on this site?

Your fro? I was referring to the lead singer in the video. :smile:

It always cracks me up with I see the big fros, the huge bell bottom pants, or better yet, polyester Angel Flights, the disco shoes...

I happened to see a few clips from Soul Train recently, from the early 70s, and it was funny! Those brothers had some serious fros back then!
 
Ivan Seeking said:
Dig that fro man! That brings back a lot of memories.

Likewise, in honor of Barbara, Kim, Sue, and Pam... :biggrin:

Good job, Ivan. Thoese were the days, huh?:-p
 
This song happened a few months later. It was my first exploration into "carnal knowledge." I used to be a hot property back then because I was one of the top roller skaters and surfers in ventura county. So this girl brings her friend over to my house, and, bizzarly, I was drinking a cup of milk.

I asked her if she wanted a drink, and she said, no, she didn't like milk. And I thought what?! Who doesn't like milk? I was about to kick her out of my house, really. I mean, we were young. But then she climbed on me unexpectedly. And I remember this song was on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOm0Dq_kKNU

Edit: I don't remember her name, sadly.
 
Last edited:
ADELE: SET FIRE TO THE RAIN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pufx9Cq_TOQ
 
Sorry for all the posts here, but this a fun thread and no one else is talking. And I always start getting so sentimental when the barometer hits 100 and I feel like I'm going to pass out every second. I remember this song from the summer of '81 (or 80, circa). My dad sent me to my grandma's in Long Island New York for the summer. My first crush had just dumped me in California shortly before, and I cried my eyes out all summer to this song :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZub3M3jSdw
 
DiracPool said:
And I always start getting so sentimental when the barometer hits 100 and I feel like I'm going to pass out every second.

Whether you're talking about millibars or inches, a barometric pressure of 100 is either fatally low or fatally high, so "sentimental" might not be the feeling you would get. Maybe you meant "thermometer" on the unscientific Fahrenheit scale. Anyway, I'm probably older than you and while I like the "classics", how about posting some current stuff once in a while? This thread is overdosing on nostalgia. There are some good artists out there, such as Adele (see above).

EDIT: OK, maybe you're talking about kPa, and 100 kPa=1000 mb which is a bit low. Most weather barometers are calibrated in inches of mercury (US household) or millibars.
 
Last edited:
The Vulcan Science Directorate has determined that, although there may still be uncertainty which of their songs is "the best", it would not even be self-consistent to assume that the very best song could be from anyone else than Led Zeppelin. :biggrin:
 
SW VandeCarr said:
Whether you're talking about millibars or inches, a barometric pressure of 100 is either fatally low or fatally high, so "sentimental" might not be the feeling you get. Maybe you meant "thermometer" on the unscientific Fahrenheit scale. Anyway, I'm probably older than you and while I like the "classics", how about posting some current stuff once in a while? This thread is overdosing on nostalgia. There are some good artists out there, such as Adele (see above).

EDIT: OK, maybe you're talking about kPa, and 100 kPa=1000 mb which is a bit low. Most weather barometers are calibrated in inches of mercury (US household) or millibars.

Fair enough, Vande. I was actually trying to do a clever mix-measure trick there with the barometer-temperature reference, but I should have asterisked it, admittedly. Here's my currently favorite contemporary pop hit that plays on "heavy rotation" on 92.5 Seattle along with Adele and co.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsUsVbTj2AY
 
TRACY CHAPMAN: GIVE ME ONE REASON


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2kEx5BLoC4
 
How about this one wbn? I got this baby on right now cranked up :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JybkqBGrVs