What is the correct way to interpret resistor bands in a circuit?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Clandry
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Circuit Resistor
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
Clandry
Messages
74
Reaction score
0
Hi guys. I attached a picture of a circuit with 2 resistors in parallel.

I want to verify if I'm reading the resistor bands correctly. For the left most resistor, the color gold is the tolerance right? For the right most resistor, the color gold is still the tolerance right?

Does the orientation of the resistor matter? I.E what happens if I flip the resistor on the right?
 
Attachments
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 467
Physics news on Phys.org
Clandry said:
Hi guys. I attached a picture of a circuit with 2 resistors in parallel.

I want to verify if I'm reading the resistor bands correctly. For the left most resistor, the color gold is the tolerance right? For the right most resistor, the color gold is still the tolerance right?

Does the orientation of the resistor matter? I.E what happens if I flip the resistor on the right?
If you flip the resistor, of course that won't change its resistance, so ...

You should know that the tolerance band is (generally) the 4th band. Start reading from the other end.

attachment.php?attachmentid=55059&d=1359247875.png