What is the formula for finding the slope of a line?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dgolverk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Line
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 6K views
Dgolverk
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Hello,
I can't understand 2 questions from my math homework can you please explain how I am supposed to do that?

1. Find the equations of the medians of the triangle with vertex coordinates at J(2,-2) K(4,-1) and L(-2,-5).

2. Find the equation of the perpendicular bisector of a chord of a circle, given that the end points of the chord are C(-2,0) and D(4,-4).

Thanks a lot!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Dgolverk said:
Hello,
I can't understand 2 questions from my math homework can you please explain how I am supposed to do that?

1. Find the equations of the medians of the triangle with vertex coordinates at J(2,-2) K(4,-1) and L(-2,-5).
What is the definition of vertex?
(If (a,b) and (c,d) are the endpoints of a line segment, the midpoint is at
((a+c)/2, (b+d)/2).)

2. Find the equation of the perpendicular bisector of a chord of a circle, given that the end points of the chord are C(-2,0) and D(4,-4).
perpendicular bisector of any line segment passes through the midpoint.
Also, it slope is -1/m where m is the slope of the first line segment.