What is the heat of a system when it expands by 0.67 m^3?

  • Thread starter Thread starter map7s
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Heat System
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
map7s
Messages
145
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


A system expands by 0.67 m^3 at a constant pressure of 105 kPa. Find the heat of the system if its internal energy decreases by 1710J.


Homework Equations


Since P=constant:
deltaU=Q-W
W=PdeltaV


The Attempt at a Solution


I tried plugging in the numbers to the equation for W and then plugging that value into the first equation to solve for U, but I didn't get the correct answer and I'm not sure where I went wrong.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Nobody will know where you went wrong if you don't say what you plugged into where and what came out of that process.
 
sorry, but while I was typing my process just now I realized what went wrong. Thank you!