What Is the Kinetic Energy Equation for a Mass on a Double Pendulum?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
Axecutioner
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
co9cR.png


You can treat the cable as another rigid bar in this case, both massless. I just need the equation for the Kinetic Energy of the mass on the end.

Is there an equation for if the main bar is torqued at a given τ(t), and any other necessary information is given, to find the position of the mass on the end or the angles of the two bars at any given time?

I'm in a Statics class right now and will be taking advanced dynamics in the fall but I'd like to work on a personal project in the fall. Done through Calc 4 and Stokes Theorem if it matters.

Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Burn the thread. The ball will remain and will perform free fall. Then you will easily get your answer.
 
That doesn't help at all.

I know K = 1/2*I*w^2 but what would the omega be? Just both angular velocities added together?
 
Sorry, misunderstanding. Please delete this post.
 
Last edited: