What is the Limit of x^((x^x)-1) as x Approaches Zero?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tsuwal
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Limit
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
tsuwal
Messages
105
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Limit of x^((x^x)-1) as x->0


Homework Equations


Lim x^x=1
x->0


The Attempt at a Solution


it's an 0^0 indetermination so I tried to solve it the usual way, by first calculating the limit of log(x)*(x^x-1) as x->0 with L'hopital's rule. I got e^0=1 confirmed by Wolfram. However, the using l'hospital's rule on this limit is not very practical, is there a better soluction?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I would get the same limit log(x)*(x^x-1) as x->0 but solving this by L'hopital's rule takes a while or is it the fastest way?
 
Oh whoops, I read too quickly. Yeah I don't see how you would do this without LH otherwise.