What is the magnitude of the charge on each particles

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
shimizua
Messages
99
Reaction score
0
In the previous problem, what is the magnitude of the charge on each particle?

the previous problem was
Two point-like particles are placed 14.8 cm apart and are given equal and opposite charge. The first particle, of mass 41.0 g, has an initial acceleration of 1.40 m/s2 towards the second particle. What is the mass of the second particle if its initial acceleration towards the first is 1.05 m/s2?
and the answer to that was 54.7g

so i just don't know what I am doing wrong.

so i did this
q= sqrt(1/k d^2m1a1
my answer came to 1.2E-5C but it isn't right. I don't see where I went wrong
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You can just right
m1*a1 = m2*a2 because both the charge experience equal and opposite force of attraction.