What is the maximum magnetic field strength of a micro-electromagnet?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Nick Bruno
Messages
98
Reaction score
0
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone knew, or if anyone knows where I can find, the maximum magnetic field that a micro - electromagnet can put off... I am sure this depends on a lot (thermal degredation, materal properties etc) but I just need an estimation as I am running a simulation and need a typical value.

I ran the simulation with 0.1 Tesla... but I need something more like 0.5 Tesla. Is this possible for a magnet that is approximatley 100 micron in all 3 dimensions? Any advice will help. Thanks.

please keep in mind these kind of magnets are rare as of yet and their abilities are not well studied. I just need an estimation.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Even much bigger electromagnets can reach 1 T, so you can easily obtain 0.5T using a small one (better cooling by thermal radiation).