What is the meaning of this electrical symbol?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Physicist3
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Mean Symbol
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Physicist3
Messages
103
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I am trying to get up to speed on electrical schematics and how to read them and I am getting stuck with a particular symbol. I understand that the following symbol represents a link;

upload_2015-8-7_23-8-53.png


However, I cannot seem to find what the following one means?
upload_2015-8-7_23-9-26.png

I believe that it is meant to represent some form of contact as I always see it connected to the symbol for a relay coil with a dashed line. The issue I am having is that I would like to know what sort of contact it is meant to represent please?
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
On my schematics, the 2nd figure is used for a 2-pin header. Can you post a schematic where these symbols are being used?
 
I use that for two pin header.