What is the most beneficial minor for an engineering student?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 4K views
Pliffy
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hey guys, I am a Mechanical Engineering student, and I am having a hard time trying to decide what the most beneficial minor would be for an engineering field.

Any suggestions?


Thanks,

-Matt
 
Physics news on Phys.org
It depends on what career path you want to follow.

Mathematics or Engineering Management are usually good choices.
 
Engineering Mechanics should be easily obtainable, but that may not be diverse enough for you. I agree that Mathematics is also a good choice. If available, maybe do an Engineering Leadership / Entrepreneurship minor.
 
Thank y'all for your replies. I am planning on going into the energy field, however i can't get more specific than that, as i have not figured that out for myself yet. The Engineering Management sounds very attractive and beneficial though. One minor that has crossed my mind as well is a Computer Technology minor, what do you guys that about that?

Also, within the next few semesters i will be getting my Pre-engineering associates degree, do you guys think that will be of any benefit to me?


Thanks guys,

-Matt
 
I'm not sure how much Computer Technology would benefit you if you are a Mech. Eng. You will definitely need computer skills, but you should get all that you need in your normal degree program.

Your pre-engineering degree should have taken care of all the physics, math, and other general education requirements, so yes it will benefit you.