What is the nature of consciousness and reality?

What do you have?

  • An innie...

    Votes: 22 88.0%
  • An outie...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Other... please specify...

    Votes: 2 8.0%

  • Total voters
    25
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
37 replies · 6K views
balkan
Messages
147
Reaction score
0
ok, which is it?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Bellybuttons, am I correct? (shudders to think of the other things it could refer to)

I have an innie.
 
What I want to know is, who would actually COP to having an outtie?? :smile: :smile:

I'm an innie.
 
This is just like that time three years ago when I saw this poor bird get hit by a car backing up at 50 mph...
 
come on, outies! don't be afraid... we won't point fingers :smile:
 
Evo said:
Bellybuttons, am I correct? (shudders to think of the other things it could refer to)

come to think of it... a poll regarding those other things could possibly reveal some quite interessting stuff with the "Other... please specify..." question... :bugeye:
 
Imparcticle said:
how is this a "philosofical" poll??

uhhh... it's just my way of luring unsuspecting victims rigth into my dirty grasp... muahaha... :devil:
look... 14 people have already voted... but all claim to have innies...
that can mean two out of two things...
1) people with outies doesn't read philosophical threads...
2) people with outies are too clever to be lured into my dirty grasp... (muahaha... :devil: )
3) there are no people with outies or "Other"...

look what important information you can get out of such a thread... I'm just so amazingly smart, it never seizes to amaze me... *sigh* ... *sends myself finger kisses and a little pink flower*
(notice how the correct use of the words "never seizes to amaze me" in reality makes no sense?)
 
loseyourname said:
I have a gaping pit.
i'm actually not sure if that falls under "Others" or not... :confused:
maybe i should have included it in the options along with "fallous lump"...
 
balkan said:
look what important information you can get out of such a thread... I'm just so amazingly smart, it never seizes to amaze me... *sigh* ... *sends myself finger kisses and a little pink flower*
(notice how the correct use of the words "never seizes to amaze me" in reality makes no sense?)

The phrase commonly used is "it never ceases to amaze me." meaning, its always constanly amazing you... which makes sense... weird eh?

And I'm an innie, though I'm determined my child (of the distant future) shall be special and therefore an outie.
 
Gale17 said:
1) The phrase commonly used is "it never ceases to amaze me." meaning, its always constanly amazing you... which makes sense... weird eh?

2) And I'm an innie, though I'm determined my child (of the distant future) shall be special and therefore an outie.

1) well, that just shows you the value of english teachers these days... *hrmpf*

2) evil, evil person! :eek:

edit: i just did a search on yahoo... it has reached epedemic proportions! :eek:
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p="never+seizes+to+amaze+me"&ei=UTF-8&fr=fp-tab-web-t&cop=mss&tab=
 
Last edited:
You use Yahoo to search ? Your primitivity never siezes to amaze me !
 
okay, next time i'll use: www.l33twebsavvyparametricsearchengine.com[/URL]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Gokul43201 said:
You use Yahoo to search ? Your primitivity never siezes to amaze me !
"SEIZES"?
 
balkan said:
1) well, that just shows you the value of english teachers these days... *hrmpf*

2) evil, evil person! :eek:

edit: i just did a search on yahoo... it has reached epedemic proportions! :eek:
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p="never+seizes+to+amaze+me"&ei=UTF-8&fr=fp-tab-web-t&cop=mss&tab=
I don't know if it is funny or terribly disturbing that so many people can be that ignorant.

It's like the people that type contractions such as would've and could've phonetically as "would of" and "could of". Actually I don't even know if those are acceptable as contractions, although they're widely used. AARGGHHH! :devil: :mad:

Where did these people learn English??

At least you, balkan, questioned the wording, realizing that it made no sense, so you are excused. :smile:
 
Last edited:
Tsunami said:
"SEIZES"?

Tsu, you must have missed the previous couple of posts...
 
Gokul43201 said:
Tsu, you must have missed the previous couple of posts...
Opps. OK. Guess I did. :redface: I'm so dang BUSY these days I don't have time to catch up on ALL of it! :mad:
 
balkan said:
okay, next time i'll use: www.l33twebsavvyparametricsearchengine.com[/URL][/QUOTE]

Or google?? :rolleyes:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Evo said:
At least you, balkan, questioned the wording, realizing that it made no sense, so you are excused. :smile:

well, I'm not from an english speaking country either, so I've just decided that I'm not a retard :smile: , thanks for the pat on the back...
 
When I was a fat little kid (0-6) I was an outie. Now I am a skinny bigger MAN I have a innie.
 
jimmy p said:
When I was a fat little kid (0-6) I was an outie. Now I am a skinny bigger MAN I have a innie.
i think that fits into the "other" category...
 
balkan said:
well, I'm not from an english speaking country either, so I've just decided that I'm not a retard :smile: , thanks for the pat on the back...
Then you are definitely not at fault. :smile:

My best friend is Italian and one day we were discussing shallow women and he said that he would never date a stereotypical "blind barbie".

Took me a second to realize he meant "blond barbie".
 
if he was an italian, i know he would have dated a blind barbie as well... i **** you not :biggrin:
 
balkan said:
if he was an italian, i know he would have dated a blind barbie as well... i **** you not :biggrin:
LOL! :biggrin:

He is a VERY UNUSUAL Italian. Or at least he says he is. :wink:
 
oh, be carefull... he is either mentally ill (from an italian point of view) or he's after your tush :biggrin:

whenever my various female friends (and two ex-girlfriends) have come home from a trip to italy they have complained for months about the italian men, it's so funny...
as far as i understand, this is what happens when a blond girl walkes into a bar or street or off the airport runway:
"oh, lala! pretty girl! you want a real man, no?"
and they actually leave a trail of mucus behind as they slither after her until she slams a door in their face :biggrin: