oh...well...that makes things a bit complicated. I'll go ahead and scratch a bit of the surface of what we know about gravity for you. Gravity is a field force that occurs between masses. To calculate the force of gravity between masses, the general classical expression for is F = G*m1*m2/r^2, m1 and m2 being the 2 masses and r being the distance between their centers. The value of this force is both the force on m1 and m2 and it is an attractive force. In this case, the planet Earth is exerting a force on the satellite. At the same time, the satellite has a tangential velocity, which is what you're looking for, that is keeping it from heading straight towards the Earth (instead, it orbits the planet). So in this case, the force is point toward the center of the satellite's orbit, making the force a centripetal force...but I'm not sure if you're supposed to know this or not.
what answer are you getting (so that I can check it with what I have)?