What Is the Prettiest Person You've Ever Seen?

• Thread starter En_lizard
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of the prettiest person the individuals had ever seen, with a focus on celebrities. Some participants argued that celebrities lack intelligence, while others shared personal experiences with famous individuals. The conversation also touched on the changing standards of beauty and the intelligence of celebrities. Ultimately, the participants agreed that the prettiest or most attractive people are often those they know personally.
When I was younger I had a thing for Terry Farrell and Calista Flockhart. There are certainly some very attractive celebrities around now, but none I'd want to go out with nor any that I could put forward as the prettiest.

Physics news on Phys.org
turbo-1 said:
If we move over to TV, Barbara Feldon was pretty hot, too!

Get Smart! I forgot all about that show till you mentioned her name... pretty hot is an understatement!

I'm waiting to see how many, if any, bring up Alexandra.Bastedo.
263409~Alexandra-Bastedo-Posters.jpg

She also knows Italian, Spanish, French and German.:!)

radou said:
I agree. And even if they had brains, I still wouldn't find them attractive. They're all so...plastic.
Not all actors and celebrities are fake and/or dummies. For the females here, I would like to nominate Paul Newman (he of the impossibly blue eyes) as an actor who is handsome, smart, and compassionate and committed to charitable works. His wife is no slouch, either. :approve:

turbo-1 said:
Not all actors and celebrities are fake and/or dummies. For the females here, I would like to nominate Paul Newman (he of the impossibly blue eyes) as an actor who is handsome, smart, and compassionate and committed to charitable works. His wife is no slouch, either. :approve:
Definitely!

B. Elliott said:

The Champions! I have been going nuts trying to remember that program. It was briefly on US TV back in 68-69.

And its on DVD!

Thanks, B! You made my day!

Oh, yeah, Alexandra is gorgeous - and 4 languages (not counting English) - wow!

Last edited:
I saw Lena Horne at a USO show in the mid sixties when I was 25. She was stunning then even in her late 40's.

Last edited by a moderator:
B. Elliott said:

Yowie Zowie!

I've never heard of her, but that's one attractive woman!

That Keyra Augustina chick who likes to wave her ass around in front of her webcam.

Evo said:
I don't find any celebrities attractive, their lack of brains detracts from their looks.

Have you ever considered the mathmatician from Numb3rs?

JasonRox said:
So, you're attributing stupidity to celebrities based on what?

Also, physical attractiveness is independent of someone's mental capacity.

her gut instincts says so.:rofl: such a streaotype people:rolleyes:
astronuc women of pf might look pretty to u but we r not talking about this kind of attractiveness here. they look attractive to u perhaps because u like them or u just say that to make them feel good about themselves. be frank man.

turbo-1 said:

Hm, actually, by "celebrities" for some reason I'm not counting quality actors in. :smile:

There are so many beautiful people in the world, its just too hard to choose. So I asked my wife for some help. It turns out that my wife is the most beautiful person in the world. I'm not bad looking myself, despite the bruise on my forehead.

En_lizard said:
astronuc women of pf might look pretty to u but we r not talking about this kind of attractiveness here. they look attractive to u perhaps because u like them or u just say that to make them feel good about themselves. be frank man.
I am being frank. I certainly am referring to the kind of attractiveness one mentions in the OP. I say what I mean, and I mean what I say, otherwise I wouldn't make such a comment. Sure I like the women here, and I especially appreciate the intelligence and interesting interactions.

Attactiveness is not everything. There person inside is what really counts.

En_lizard said:
just say that to make them feel good about themselves.
I would hope, and I expect, that that is not the case.

jimmysnyder said:
There are so many beautiful people in the world, its just too hard to choose. So I asked my wife for some help. It turns out that my wife is the most beautiful person in the world. I'm not bad looking myself, despite the bruise on my forehead.

I'm glad that was settled without requiring a trip to the ER.

jimmysnyder said:
There are so many beautiful people in the world, its just too hard to choose.
Choice was easy - find the one who could tolerate me. Finding her was the hard part. :biggrin:

I've always had a thing for Ellen Barkin in Buckaroo Banzai and The Big Easy. She is sooo shy-yet-sex-kitteny. Though time has not been very kind to her.

They say attractiveness is related to strong symmetry in features. Ellen's sexy crooked smile is a powerful refutation of that principle.

Joey Lauren Adams, Selma Hayek, Uma Therman, Gabrielle Anwar. I have no idea what these women are actually like and that could drastically change my opinion of how I perceive them. But from the way they look and the roles I've seen them play I think they are the celebrities that are most attractive to me at this moment.

Astronuc said:
I am being frank. I certainly am referring to the kind of attractiveness one mentions in the OP. I say what I mean, and I mean what I say, otherwise I wouldn't make such a comment. Sure I like the women here, and I especially appreciate the intelligence and interesting interactions.

Attactiveness is not everything. There person inside is what really counts.

I would hope, and I expect, that that is not the case.

ok I am sorry if i sounded rude.so have u seen all pf ladies? which one is the prettiest?:!)

En_lizard said:
ok I am sorry if i sounded rude.so have u seen all pf ladies? which one is the prettiest?:!)
I haven't seen all the ladies. As for the second question, I shall refrain from comment.

We're all equally stunning, although only MIH has been drawn by zoobyshoe and she looks so beautiful in that picture.

Evo said:
We're all equally stunning, although only MIH has been drawn by zoobyshoe and she looks so beautiful in that picture.

Yeah, she's ":!)", and so are you, Evo. The women of PF look great. :approve:

DaveC426913 said:
I've always had a thing for Ellen Barkin in Buckaroo Banzai and The Big Easy. She is sooo shy-yet-sex-kitteny. Though time has not been very kind to her.

They say attractiveness is related to strong symmetry in features. Ellen's sexy crooked smile is a powerful refutation of that principle.
A critic once called Ellen barkin "the prettiest ugly girl in Hollywood". Her attractiveness is definitely non-standard, but she exudes such intrinsic self possession, confidence, and verve that she's downright magnetic.

Evo said:
She's beautiful, and the rest of you are stunning, but what's interesting is that I am prettier than all of you put together.

zoobyshoe said:
She's beautiful, and the rest of you are stunning, but what's interesting is that I am prettier than all of you put together.
So true. :!)

zoobyshoe said:
A critic once called Ellen barkin "the prettiest ugly girl in Hollywood".

I wonder who the ugliest pretty girl is. I never can figure that stuff out. I just found out the other day that Ellen Muth (Dead Like Me) is "ugly". All this time I thought she was so sexy and cute.

zoobyshoe said:

I can vouch for that. I've seen him!

who has deleted my last post n why?:confused:

Astronuc said:
The Champions! I have been going nuts trying to remember that program. It was briefly on US TV back in 68-69.

And its on DVD!

Thanks, B! You made my day!

Oh, yeah, Alexandra is gorgeous - and 4 languages (not counting English) - wow!

Your welcome. I had a crush on her ever since my father made me watch a few episodes back in the 80's... around the same time that I was forced to watch This Island Earth, Forbidden Planet and The Great Escape. Movies i'll never forget (maybe because I have them on DVD? lol)

When it comes to most movies and music, I typically don't have the same taste as most people around my age. While growing up I was told that I was born 20 years too late:biggrin:

En_lizard said:
who has deleted my last post n why?:confused:

I did. Check your PMs.

JasonRox said:
So, you're attributing stupidity to celebrities based on what?

Also, physical attractiveness is independent of someone's mental capacity.

No matter how hard I try to look at the physical attractiveness, the intelligence of the person always, somehow mystically, has an effect on the "apparent physical appearance". Besides, what could be more cute than a cute girl who is interested in mathematics!? :tongue:

Math Is Hard said:
I wonder who the ugliest pretty girl is.

I'm not fully sure what you mean, but I think Angelina Jolie looks horrible. She doesn't look healthy. Many people tell me she's hot, but I've never understood if they really believe in it themselves, or if they are only saying it because they think they are somehow supposed to say so.

My honorable mentions of living contemporary actresses (in no necessary order):

Marisa Tomei, C. Zeta-Jones, Diane Keaton, Nicole Kidman, Susan Sarandon, Charlize Theron, Audrey Toutou, Uma Thurman, Lucy Liu, Rachel Weiss, Halle Berry, Drew Barrymore, Juliana Moore.

Plus the lead actress in that WWII film whereby in small-town Italy a woman's husband goes to war and she has to fend for herself; after the war she is branded as a traitor for sleeping with the enemy; when the "dead" husband returns, there is only one man to assure him of his wife's faithfulness. (Highly recommended.) [Edit: Monica Bellucci in Malèna (2000): http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0213847/183.jpg]

Last edited:
Ugliest pretty girl - Maria Shriver - no contest. When you watch her on tv it's like the face of a cadaver keeps appearing. <shudder>

Kim Basinger certainly deserves mention as a real beauty. She was at her peak in the movie "Mother Lode".

B. Elliott said:
When it comes to most movies and music, I typically don't have the same taste as most people around my age. While growing up I was told that I was born 20 years too late:biggrin:
I was ahead of my time, or perhaps just out of it.

I've come to the conclusion, I'm either on the wrong planet or in wrong universe - or perhaps both. I must have done something very bad, but I just don't remember. :biggrin:

Astronuc said:
I must have done something very bad, but I just don't remember. :biggrin:

You stole Santa's beard :tongue:

Then I stole his coca-cola hair and coloured it. :smile:

I've been a Racquel fan forever and she's still a hot 67-year-old, or thereabout. Her look-alike Stefanie Powers didn't hurt the eyes either. But now, there are more famous pretty people than I can list. I'm thankful for my ability to separate physical beauty and personality so I can enjoy just gawking inanely with my bib on. I'm sure it helps that I don't know a thing about them personally.

Evo said:
Maria Shriver [...] the face of a cadaver

Maria! Yes! Eat a sandwich!