What is the real power behind the rush to fill in complete emptyness

In summary, because of the pressure of the atmosphere, a bottle of vacuum can only hold a certain amount of air before it can't hold any more and it springs back to its original shape.
littlebanger
is there something going on when i vacuum is crated from nothing at all in the atmospher? i mean why such a big rush to fill in that gap which it seems like the power to fill it in is endless and will always happen . if something can't be replaced then that something can't be removed

as usual i have struggled to explain myself properly Thank for any comments

Physics news on Phys.org
I agree that you have struggled to express yourself properly. I have no idea what you are asking.

You're too vague with your description. Can you flesh out your question a little more?

What do you mean by "...when i vacuum is crated from nothing at all in the atmospher..."
When does this happen?

My guess is the original post is asking why pockets of near empty space don't randomly occur in the atmosphere. It's because the molecules are bouncing in essentially random directions, combined with a huge number of molecules per amount of volume in the atmosphere (except for the outer fringes). Even if there's an instant where there is a partial reduction in density in a zone, it's quickly filled by the surrounding molecules in the atmosphere.

On a large scale, due to weather effects, there are higher and lower pressure areas within the atomosphere.

well i just mean like . if you have a rubber bottle squash it and tighten a top onto it then it can't get back to its normal shape without sucking in air . i was just wondering why can't it just leave nothing at all inside and just spring back to its shape

thanks for the answers.

Because with that you are lowering the volume of the bottle and squishing the air out. When you close the bottle, the air inside and the air outside have the same pressure, atmospheric pressure (because of the rigidity of the bottle there might be some pressure difference but we will look a situation like its a balloon or something). In order for the bottle to get back to its original shape it needs to increase its volume, but there is only that much air so to do that the pressure inside must drop and the outside pressure don't allow that, it is pressing on the bottle.

littlebanger said:
well i just mean like . if you have a rubber bottle squash it and tighten a top onto it then it can't get back to its normal shape without sucking in air . i was just wondering why can't it just leave nothing at all inside and just spring back to its shape

thanks for the answers.

Simply put: the bottle is being acted on by a force. Over every square inch of the bottle's surface, there is a pressure of 14.7 pounds pushing inward. Let's say an average bottle has a surface of 50in^2; it is being crushed by a force of 735lbs.! Is that enoough to keep the bottle squished?

What is the real power behind the rush to fill in complete emptyness?

The concept of 'complete emptiness' is often seen as a void or absence of something, which can be unsettling for humans. Therefore, the power behind the rush to fill in this emptiness is the need for control and order. Humans tend to fear the unknown and seek to understand and manipulate their environment, leading to the desire to fill in any perceived emptiness.

Why is there a constant drive to fill in empty spaces?

The desire to fill in empty spaces is a natural human instinct that stems from the need for survival. For early humans, filling in empty spaces with resources or shelter meant greater chances of survival. This drive to fill in empty spaces has evolved into a societal drive for progress and development.

How does the rush to fill in complete emptyness affect the environment?

The rush to fill in complete emptiness often results in the destruction of natural habitats and depletion of resources. This can lead to negative impacts on the environment, such as loss of biodiversity, pollution, and climate change. It is important to consider the long-term effects of filling in empty spaces and find sustainable solutions.

What are the consequences of constantly filling in empty spaces?

The consequences of constantly filling in empty spaces can include loss of cultural and historical sites, displacement of indigenous communities, and disruption of natural ecosystems. It can also lead to overdevelopment and strain on resources, causing societal and environmental issues in the long term.

Is there a balance between filling in empty spaces and preserving them?

Yes, there is a balance between filling in empty spaces and preserving them. It is important to prioritize sustainable development and conservation efforts to ensure a balance between progress and preservation. This can be achieved through careful planning and consideration of the environmental and societal impacts of filling in empty spaces.