What is the relationship between P and q in Erdman's Extremal Corners problem?

  • Thread starter Thread starter baby_1
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
baby_1
Messages
159
Reaction score
16

Homework Statement


Capture111.PNG


Homework Equations


if.latex?%5Ctext%7BErdman%27s%20Equation%3D%7D%5Cfrac%7B%5Cpartial%20F%7D%7B%5Cpartial%20y%27%7D.gif


The Attempt at a Solution


gif.gif

gif.gif
[/B]
and tried to find relationship between P and q that aren't the same to have a corner.
gif.gif


But as you see it doesn't give me a good value for lambda and I can't derive lambda>2 . Is it correct approach? or should I test and other way?

Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
baby_1 said:

Homework Statement


View attachment 94989

Homework Equations


if.latex?%5Ctext%7BErdman%27s%20Equation%3D%7D%5Cfrac%7B%5Cpartial%20F%7D%7B%5Cpartial%20y%27%7D.gif


The Attempt at a Solution


gif.gif

gif.gif
[/B]
and tried to find relationship between P and q that aren't the same to have a corner.
gif.gif


But as you see it doesn't give me a good value for lambda and I can't derive lambda>2 . Is it correct approach? or should I test and other way?

Thanks

Your posting is incomprehensible to other readers: we have no idea at all what you mean by ##p## and ##q##, since they were not mentioned anywhere in your problem.

Also: I am sure that your statement ##\text{Erdman's Equation} = \partial F / \partial y'## is meaningless: an equation is not a quantity.

Please re-write your question in meaningful form.