What is the resulting period of the oscillation?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jimmyboykun
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Oscillation Period
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
jimmyboykun
Messages
39
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



A 0.16-kg mass is hanging from a spring with spring constant 14 N/m. Then the mass is displaced from the equilibrium by 2.9 cm and let go.

Homework Equations



the period is the time for a one full cycle so the equation would be T= 2∏sqrtm/k

The Attempt at a Solution



here's what I did I 2∏sqrt0.029m/14N/m

T=0.286s

I felt like that was to simple to solve especially in physics, what is the proper way of solving this equation?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
jimmyboykun said:
here's what I did I 2∏sqrt0.029m/14N/m
The same error as in the other problem you posted. 'm' is the mass, not the displacement.