What is the significance of normalized data in NMOSFET parameter extraction?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Aseth
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hey! I'm doing a lab assignment and need some guidance.

i have measurement with L=1μmeter and w=10μmeter, but the id data is normalized to w=1μmeter, what does it mean?

do I need to get Ids "un-normalized" for extraction, like Ids*1e-6= new Ids


the second question is about low-field mobility, does the low-field mobility μ0 equal for all NMOSFETs? the BSIM guide Iam using have default value is 670 cm^2/Vsec for NMOSFET. but the extracted value is like 200cm^2/Vsec, I'm confused.

I don't know if this is the right sub-forum for posting those questions, please moderators change it to appropriate sub-forum if needed.

Thanks in advance
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
The general MOSFET equation is Id = mu Cox W/L ((Vgs-Vth) Vds - Vds^2/2). This is the W/L they are referring to.