What is the Velocity at the Bottom of a Roller Coaster with Given Parameters?

  • Thread starter Thread starter nohkie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Motion Vertical
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
nohkie
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


A roller coaster with radius of 19.6 and at the top of the roller coaster the veloctiy is 14 m/s and the apparent weight is 0. Calculate the veloctiy at the bottom of the roller coast?

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution


I can see that Mv^2/r=mg at the top but i don't get how to solve for the veloctiy at the bottom of the equation of mv^2/r = Fn-mg. Am I looking in the right direction? I've done the force body diagram but the only way i can see to get out the velocity is with mass, am I missing an equation?
 
Physics news on Phys.org