What is your take on funny?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
I used to find Bill Hicks funny until I realized he was anti-everything, then he just got downright annoying.

wolram
Gold Member
As far as slap stick and site gags, for me Benny Hill was king. With Benny's stick you didn't know what to expect next.

Please, please, not Benny Hill, he should go down in history as the most unfunny comedian.

wolram
Gold Member
Amen!!

"So I said hey, sweet thing, want to come back to my place?" and she said "Do you have cable?" and I said "No, but the ropes should hold you."

"What did you get for Christmas? I got new underwear! ... Well, new to me."

:rofl::rofl:

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I write funny comics for the school newspaper. It's definitely one of the best or the best. The newspaper illustrator absolutely loves it. Friends love it too.

I have some political stuff coming this year. It'll be hilarious. I just hope I don't get kicked out of school.

wolram
Gold Member
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I write funny comics for the school newspaper. It's definitely one of the best or the best. The newspaper illustrator absolutely loves it. Friends love it too.

I have some political stuff coming this year. It'll be hilarious. I just hope I don't get kicked out of school.
You should test your comedy on us first, politics are beyond me, but then i guess Brown came to late.

Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I dont get emo's humor.
Just insert some curse words, then you'll get it.

"my F****** sister made some m*****f****** eggs..." etc.

turbo
Gold Member
Emo Philips - lots of routines on YouTube.

Last edited by a moderator:
wolram
Gold Member
Emo Philips - lots of routines on YouTube.

That guy was painfully unfunny.

Last edited by a moderator:
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
You should test your comedy on us first, politics are beyond me, but then i guess Brown came to late.
One is school related and the other is provincially related and both are inside jokes.

Both of them would be very insulting to both politicians. I can't imagine what their reaction would be if they read it.

I'll let you know the provincial one. It's currently not in a humour type way right now, but you'll get the jist of it. Our prime minister put in place a bill that would we a substantial reduction in CO2 emissions, but not until the year 2050. So, my character after "investigating" the other politician (the school one where the president passed a dumb rule) decided to "investigate" why our prime minister passed a dumb bill. What's going to happen is that he's going to be like...

"I did some research to try and understand why such a person would pass such a dumb bill. Then I found the date of birth of Harper (prime minister)."

Other character... "What does that have to do with anything?"

"Well, he was born in 1959 and the bill does not have any real impact until the year 2050."

I will most like have different wordings to help point to the problem a bit more. I'm assuming you understand what I'm pointing at. It would be a wicked burn. Because when people were talking about this bill, no ever mentionned how old he would be then. So obviously he (Harper) won't give a ****.

wolram
Gold Member
Sounds good to me :smile:

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member