What kind of girls/boys you like?

  • Thread starter yuwingsin
  • Start date
  • #26
537
0
...a pulse?
 
  • #27
1,414
5
Evo said:
I want a brilliant man. I've dated guys with brains and I've dated guys with looks. I'll take brains over looks any time.

My dream man would be tall, thin, pale, wear glasses and be brilliant. [rant]But he wouldn't be hypercritical of trivial things and make me afraid to talk to him.[/rant] :frown: :cry:
Glasses? Bah, who needs em. Not my failing vision, no sirree. Actually, I think all this time at the computer is making my eyes go bad. Not in an optical sense, as far as I can tell, my actual eyeballs are still 20/20 each, but I have a lot of trouble getting the both eyes to focus on the same thing sometimes, especially after 5-6+ hours at the computer, so its a muscle problem as far as I can tell. Not fun though, since I tend to lose the ability to focus on anything for a few hours at a time once or twice a week almost now.
 
  • #28
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
9,970
132
NateTG said:
P.S.
Regarding French:
Amie is 'friend (female)', petite amie is 'girlfriend'.
But, surely, "petit ami" is not an affectionate term for a boyfriend, is it?

French is very strange..:confused:
 
  • #29
NateTG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2,450
5
arildno said:
But, surely, "petit ami" is not an affectionate term for a boyfriend, is it?

French is very strange..:confused:
I'm not the best French speaker, but the difference between 'ami' and 'petit ami' is probably pretty close to the difference between 'friend' and 'boyfriend' in English.

Some French terms of endearment are a bit odd. "Mon chou" (my cabbage) is the best-known of the lot, but 'mon petit crotte' has got to be high on the list for strange. http://perso.wanadoo.fr/courriersducoeur/surnoms.htm has a list .
 
  • #30
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
9,970
132
Well, I WAS actually trying to make a joke, but as usual, it fell on deaf ears..:frown:
 
  • #31
wolram
Gold Member
4,267
557
I like girls that can hold a spanner and are not worried about getting a
little oily.
 
  • #32
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
9,970
132
wolram said:
I like girls that can hold a spanner and are not worried about getting a
little oily.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
A SPANNER, I've never heard that term before, sounds very impressive. Lucky girl.
 
  • #33
658
2
i adore my boyfriend, i can't imagine a better guy and i can't wait to see him in just 3 weeks!! smart, confident, but sweet and tender, plus i've never seen a guy who looked sexier.

when looking at any guy, smiles are probably the most attractive feature. a smart guy with a great smile who smiles a lot...
 
  • #34
213
2
Something I've been always thinking of, why always 2 people tie up together, aren't our minds able to handle 'many' girl/boy friends?
I often refer to group of male friends as friends, group of male and female friends as friends, but when I refer to female friends as friends, it doesn't give away a notion of feminine friendship. While speaking of female-friends to you simply refer to them as friends?

It's pretty hard to say what kind of girlfriend I 'd like. I'd like her to know particle physics and help me with all the problems. But really, I'd like my girlfriend to enjoy the nature, walking together, and not complaining when we don't talk. I'd like her to enjoy silence. I'd like my girlfriend to disobey most of the rules sitting in heads of social pairs. Doesn't have to be pretty or whatever, why does she need to?
 
  • #35
Mk
1,984
3
I like action-cute, good body building, pretty, beautiful smile, not-disguising, charming look, young, good temper, cute and sweet voice's girls.
Well, wouldn't that be nice? And what does action cute mean?
 
  • #36
1,414
5
heartless said:
I'd like her to know particle physics and help me with all the problems. But really, I'd like my girlfriend to enjoy the nature, walking together, and not complaining when we don't talk. I'd like her to enjoy silence. I'd like my girlfriend to disobey most of the rules sitting in heads of social pairs. Doesn't have to be pretty or whatever, why does she need to?
And people say I'm too picky. I just want brilliance. I don't even care in what field, muchless about the rest.
 
  • #37
Depends. I'm bisexual, so it's very different.

If I were looking for a girl, I'd want her to be wild, fun, and know how to enjoy life, but caring, sweet, and understanding. She'd also have to be shorter then I am, let me pay for the bill, and be able to accept that some of my friends could never know we were together (Lest I'd never see my godchild...).

If I were looking for a guy, I'd want someone smart, funny but serious, someone who likes to read and wouldn't mind holding me when I'm upset. He would support me with whatever I want to do, and help with things. Someone who will also come to my shows without being asked, will bring me flowers, and cheer me on, even if I forget my lines and fall onto stage. :)
 
  • #38
wolram
Gold Member
4,267
557
SimplySolitary_ said:
Depends. I'm bisexual, so it's very different.

If I were looking for a girl, I'd want her to be wild, fun, and know how to enjoy life, but caring, sweet, and understanding. She'd also have to be shorter then I am, let me pay for the bill, and be able to accept that some of my friends could never know we were together (Lest I'd never see my godchild...).

If I were looking for a guy, I'd want someone smart, funny but serious, someone who likes to read and wouldn't mind holding me when I'm upset. He would support me with whatever I want to do, and help with things. Someone who will also come to my shows without being asked, will bring me flowers, and cheer me on, even if I forget my lines and fall onto stage. :)
Sounds like you want a swiss army knife :rofl: sorry :smile:
 
  • #39
wolram said:
Sounds like you want a swiss army knife :rofl: sorry :smile:
:rofl: :rofl: Perhaps. I still figure that there's someone out there like that!
 
  • #40
Rach3
IMO, the defining characteristic of this thread so far, is the shear volume of miscommunications, misunderstandings, and language barriers. Just an observation. :frown:
 
  • #41
wolram
Gold Member
4,267
557
Rach3 said:
IMO, the defining characteristic of this thread so far, is the shear volume of miscommunications, misunderstandings, and language barriers. Just an observation. :frown:
Well this is GD Rach, a place where erudite people disengage their brains,
and let their inner thoughts frolic, :surprised help i took a wrong turn.
 
  • #42
wolram said:
I like girls that can hold a spanner and are not worried about getting a
little oily.
She'll need the spanner right because your a sex machine?

Oily, in other words you like women who don't mind getting dirty?

Why all the euphamisims :smile:

I like women who are phisically and mentally attractive, I'm strange that way, although I wont tell anyone the ratio for fear I might incriminate myself, suffice to say it's probably on the bad side of shallow, like most men.
 
  • #43
VietDao29
Homework Helper
1,423
2
I dunno, but I'd like to have a petit ami, who is caring, smart, loyal, and a little bit good-looking. That's about it. And that's not demanding et all, but somehow, I haven't found my mate yet... :cry: :cry: :cry:
 
  • #44
1,490
22
Evo said:
I want a brilliant man. I've dated guys with brains and I've dated guys with looks. I'll take brains over looks any time.

My dream man would be tall, thin, pale, wear glasses and be brilliant. [rant]But he wouldn't be hypercritical of trivial things and make me afraid to talk to him.[/rant] :frown: :cry:
:!!) :!!) Oh my God, Evo described me! :!!) :!!)

(Honestly, I'm 6'-2", 145 lbs, pale, wear glasses, and...Oh well, 4 out of 5 ain't bad. :biggrin: Oh and I'm generally easy going, especially about trivial things!) :!!)

I'm also married, but I love Evo in a way that my wife would in no way mind. Right? :biggrin: :!!) :tongue:
 
  • #45
DaveC426913
Gold Member
18,909
2,414
Schrodinger's Dog said:
I like women who are phisically and mentally attractive, I'm strange that way...
So, you're saying 'you're attracted to women that you're attracted to'.

Ah. That clears things up.

I think the idea was to define what you consider attractive. Hmm?
 
  • #46
I've made that mistake before, it's always wrong to think of what I will be attracted to in strict terms. I then meet someone who defies the criteria and have to reinvent it. If you want easy generalisations with no insight though here goes. Nice rack, not unpleasant to look at,smart witty and fun to be around. Absolutely not pretentious arrogant or a b**ch. There that clears that up :biggrin: I prefered the original discription less damning.
 

Related Threads on What kind of girls/boys you like?

  • Last Post
4
Replies
85
Views
26K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
47
Views
4K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
42
Views
5K
  • Last Post
Replies
1
Views
596
  • Last Post
Replies
3
Views
3K
Replies
6
Views
3K
Replies
27
Views
4K
  • Last Post
Replies
17
Views
1K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
47
Views
16K
  • Last Post
Replies
12
Views
6K
Top