What kind of internet connection do you have?

In summary: Tbps speeds will be possible in the future.Bandwidth and latency are... decreasing over time, so 50 Tbps speeds will be possible in the future.I think so too.
It's not the same thing. ISDN can be added (adding the out of band signaling), ISDN - Integrated Services Digital Network DS - Digital Service - a hierarchy of digital signal speeds for classification of lines and trunks. A T1 (DS1) does not come with ISDN on it, it has to be added (if needed) and a client has to have special equipment to use it.

Actually its the same when you look at the protocol especially in reference to the OSI layers which is what I was referring to.. ISDN and T1 use the same Data and physical layered protocols...

"Business grade" DSL is substandard to T1, T3, etc... The mean time to repair for DS1 is 4 hours if dispatch is needed, much faster without dispatch.

Considering both use the same (more or less) local loop I don't understand what you mean. If an ISP says it will fix dsl in 4 hours it can do it.. providing they own the wire.

GSM is wireless.

not wireless as in IP tho! Different protocol, and what I was referring to is that GSM technology is moving to IP.. which is NEW!

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Anttech said:
opps My clipboard needs attention :cool:

I ment to quote penguin not you..

ermm.. I wasnt talking to u, it was in regard to nothing00 asking about terabit speeds... why did you think I was responding to one of your threads?

I know how wireless cards work!
:smile: I hope so! You had me totally confused. I know we have differences US vs EU, but you lost me there! :biggrin:

And yes, the US is SO BEHIND with GSM. :mad: I deal mostly with CDMA & IDEN and i doubt that we will be giving out IP addresses any time in the near future.

yeh I had some interesting chats with the HR dept of Belgacom (the largest Telecoms company in Belgium) Regarding their infrastructure "shift". They were looking for some Architects and Opperational Engineers (data)to support there IP infrastructure as it expanded more and more in the GSM area, and in fact across there whole network... Was very interesting stuff. IMO what's driving this is G3, being able to deliver value added content to a mobile device will be a big reveune generator for these companies. Using IP with its vast acceptance throughout our industry as the statusquo, means more content can be delivered easier and easier... Whats best is that I am a network engineer muuhhaaaa, more work for me :)

anyhow before you all fall asleep..I'll stop