Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What makes a subscribed thread new

1. Feb 9, 2012 #1

Ryan_m_b

Staff: Mentor

What makes a subscribed thread "new"

I thought I'd put this here so that others who were interested could see the answer. When we click on "my PF" we get a list of "New Subscribed Threads", after a while threads drop off this list and sometimes we are met with the message "there are no new threads at this time" (or something like that). My question is how long must a thread be idle until it drops off the list? I've tried to keep track but can't tell.

On top of that sometimes if I check on my phone and then use my computer all the items drop from the list. Any ideas anyone?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 9, 2012 #2
    Re: What makes a subscribed thread "new"

Bin the phone. PF is more important.

:biggrin:

4. Feb 9, 2012 #3

Ryan_m_b

Since upgrading from a dumbphone two years ago I could no more get rid of my phone as I could get rid of my foot :tongue2:

5. Feb 13, 2012 #4

NascentOxygen

I find it useless and haven't figured out its expiry basis. So I always click on "All Subscribed Threads" when looking for any recent additions.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook