What once was Science Fiction now is Fact

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4 replies · 2K views
Messages
15,819
Reaction score
10,706
Today I learned that once again a Star Trek story is soon to become fact:

In the story of the M5 computer, human engrams were used to augment a new class of computers to supercede the duotronic ones on the starship Enterprise.

Now in real life, we have one based on mouse cells:

https://www.newscientist.com/articl...m_source=NSNS&utm_medium=RSS&utm_content=news
 
Physics news on Phys.org
jedishrfu said:
In the story of the M5 computer
IIRC, that did not end well.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jedishrfu and BillTre
And i can't resist. Mouse brain cells? Brain and brain what is brain?
 
Vanadium 50 said:
And i can't resist. Mouse brain cells? Brain and brain what is brain?
Bold by me.
I watched that episode "Spock's Brain" just last night.
 
dlgoff said:
I watched that episode "Spock's Brain" just last night.
I'm sorry.
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: dlgoff and jedishrfu