• Retired

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
StatGuy2000
Education Advisor
Hi everyone. I was curious to find out what the employment status of the posters here on Physics Forums and have attached a poll to go along with this.

Answers and Replies

Curious3141
Homework Helper
Hi everyone. I was curious to find out what the employment status of the posters here on Physics Forums and have attached a poll to go along with this.
I voted (first option), but I have to ask: why are you asking?

I'm employed part time and a current student. I put employed part time since my job is more important to me than school at the moment.

StatGuy2000
Education Advisor
I voted (first option), but I have to ask: why are you asking?
Partly to satisfy my curiosity about those who post in the Career Guidance section of Physics Forums. Partly because I'm curious about how difficult it is for those who graduate with a STEM degree (physics in particular) to find employment (any kind of employment, not just in a STEM field).

Partly because I'm curious about how difficult it is for those who graduate with a STEM degree (physics in particular) to find employment (any kind of employment, not just in a STEM field).
It shouldn't be any harder than somebody without a STEM degree because the degree holder always has the option of leaving the degree off of their resume.

Full time employed/full time student.

Curious3141
Homework Helper
Partly to satisfy my curiosity about those who post in the Career Guidance section of Physics Forums. Partly because I'm curious about how difficult it is for those who graduate with a STEM degree (physics in particular) to find employment (any kind of employment, not just in a STEM field).
Oh, OK. Perhaps you should've made it clear that the poll is restricted to those with a STEM degree. I don't have a STEM degree. Didn't even know what a STEM degree was till I looked it up (but I guessed that it must be Science, Tech, Engg, Math). Feel free to ignore 1 vote from the "full time employed" category.

Evaluate the advice you receive based upon the experience of the person giving it, and whether it seems reasonably consistent with your situation. The fact that I'm employed full time doesn't mean much.

Full Time Employee & Full Time Student