What percentage of you are employed/unemployed

  • Thread starter Thread starter StatGuy2000
  • Start date Start date

What is your employment status?

  • Employed, full-time

    Votes: 26 42.6%
  • Employed, part-time

    Votes: 5 8.2%
  • Self-employed

    Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Unemployed, searching for work

    Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Unemployed, given up searching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Current student

    Votes: 23 37.7%
  • Retired

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other

    Votes: 1 1.6%

  • Total voters
    61
  • Poll closed .
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 3K views
Education Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
2,074
Reaction score
1,156
Hi everyone. I was curious to find out what the employment status of the posters here on Physics Forums and have attached a poll to go along with this.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
StatGuy2000 said:
Hi everyone. I was curious to find out what the employment status of the posters here on Physics Forums and have attached a poll to go along with this.

I voted (first option), but I have to ask: why are you asking?
 
I'm employed part time and a current student. I put employed part time since my job is more important to me than school at the moment.
 
Curious3141 said:
I voted (first option), but I have to ask: why are you asking?

Partly to satisfy my curiosity about those who post in the Career Guidance section of Physics Forums. Partly because I'm curious about how difficult it is for those who graduate with a STEM degree (physics in particular) to find employment (any kind of employment, not just in a STEM field).
 
StatGuy2000 said:
Partly because I'm curious about how difficult it is for those who graduate with a STEM degree (physics in particular) to find employment (any kind of employment, not just in a STEM field).

It shouldn't be any harder than somebody without a STEM degree because the degree holder always has the option of leaving the degree off of their resume.
 
StatGuy2000 said:
Partly to satisfy my curiosity about those who post in the Career Guidance section of Physics Forums. Partly because I'm curious about how difficult it is for those who graduate with a STEM degree (physics in particular) to find employment (any kind of employment, not just in a STEM field).

Oh, OK. Perhaps you should've made it clear that the poll is restricted to those with a STEM degree. I don't have a STEM degree. Didn't even know what a STEM degree was till I looked it up (but I guessed that it must be Science, Tech, Engg, Math). Feel free to ignore 1 vote from the "full time employed" category.
 
Evaluate the advice you receive based upon the experience of the person giving it, and whether it seems reasonably consistent with your situation. The fact that I'm employed full time doesn't mean much.