What should I do with my old PC and CRT monitor?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Holocene
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Crt Monitor pc
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 5K views
Holocene
Messages
237
Reaction score
0
Since building my new system, this is just sitting around, and I doubt I'll ever use them again.

Any ideas as far as disposal? The monitor works fine, but there isn't too much on the PC worth salvaging.

Just thow it in the garbage or what?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know where you live. In North America, a lot of larger cities have specific disposal/recycling centres dedicated to electronic devices.
 
Offer it for free on craigs list, I got rid of several old things that way.
 
Find a recycling center around you. CRTs contain about 8 lbs of lead, and should not be tossed into landfills.

- Warren