High Voltage Salvage: Extracting Safely from Old CRT Monitor

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
beatlemaniacj
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
I need a high voltage system (Why you ask! Just for that I am not telling you why!). The potential gold mine that I found in my basement is... an old CRT monitor! Great! Will I and if so how will I be able to extract a high voltage system from it SAFELY. It is very old so I may need to replace some of the caps and such but I know how to buy/make them.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
beatlemaniacj said:
I need a high voltage system (Why you ask! Just for that I am not telling you why!). The potential gold mine that I found in my basement is... an old CRT monitor! Great! Will I and if so how will I be able to extract a high voltage system from it SAFELY. It is very old so I may need to replace some of the caps and such but I know how to buy/make them.

If you have to ask, then it cannot be done safely. Thread locked.