1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What should I learn this summer?

1. May 29, 2010 #1
    Besides spending all my times playing video games, I want to do something productive this summer. I want to learn something.

I have wide interests including neuroscience, physics, computers, philosphy etc. but have never really pursued any of these.

The furthest math I know is calc 1 and 2.

So, given this, recommend me something fun/interesting! I learn from the internet or books.

2. jcsd
  3. May 29, 2010 #2
    If I was in your position, I'd contact one of my professors to see if I can get a summer position in a lab or in some company she or he may be in contact with.

4. May 30, 2010 #3
    Forgot to mention I just graduated high school. I go to the uni this fall so I don't know any prof yet.

5. May 30, 2010 #4
    Take Calc III like me!

6. Jun 1, 2010 #5
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2017
  7. Jun 1, 2010 #6
    You can study basic linear algebra without knowing any calculus (and by basic I mean first/second year level).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook