What similarities can be seen in the motion of these five objects?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hereitgoes
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Lab Motion
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 7K views
hereitgoes
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Do any of these five objects move in similar ways? Which ones? What do they have in common?
-Oscillating pendulum
-dynamics cart rolling up and down an incline
-student jumping into the air
-mass oscillating at the end of a spring
-ball tossed into the air




My guess would be that they all move in similar ways?? I don't think I really understand what I'm being asked here. Any help would be awesome, thanks guys.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Hi hereitgoes! Welcome to PF! :wink:
hereitgoes said:
My guess would be that they all move in similar ways?? I don't think I really understand what I'm being asked here.

hmm :smile: …

students don't bounce! :smile:​

but i think they want you to compare the forces (or accelerations) :wink: