What songs are you listening now?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
105 replies · 13K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Got a couple more:

The Decemberists - Picaresque (The Album)
The New Pornographers - Twin Cinema (The Album)

Good Stuff :smile:
 
Don't come with you now even to the paradise- :zzz:
 
Metallica- S&M.

Metallica playing with a symphony orchestra. An interesting combination, and one that for the most part works quite well. Matt's recommendation of the week.
 
Finally stopped listening to a sad and stupid song and now I'm feeling better!
 
Meat loafs bat out of hell, proper music :approve:
 
I like that one song by John jackson, jack johnson, jon jonson, jack jackson one of those guys, where'd all the good people go.
 
Eric B. and Rakim -- Follow The Leader :cool:

"I can take a phrase that's rarely heard, flip it, now it's a daily word." :approve:
 
Judas Priest - Hell Patrol - Painkiller
W. A. Mozart - Symphony 11 in D Major K84 2.Andante
W. A. Mozart - Klavierkonzert Nr. 20 in d / Allegro
W. A. Mozart - Symphony 32 in G major, K.318 2. Andante
Alemañy, Jesús - Descarga De Hoy - Cubanismo
G. F. Haendel - Concerti Grossi, op.3 & 6 (Disk 1) IV. (Menuet)
J. S. Bach - Violin Concerto in E (BWV 1042) Allegro assai
Meat Loaf - Priscilla - Midnight At The Lost And Found
Black Sabbath - When Death Calls - Headless Cross
Klein, Krasa, Schulhoff - Forbidden Music
Pet Shop Boys - Dreaming Of The Queen - Very
The Cure - a letter to elise - Paris
R. Strauss - Music for Wind Ensemble, Oboe Concerto (disc 1)
Metal Church - Start The Fire - The Dark

yes, I'll continue to update it until I get up from the computer :biggrin:
 
Last edited:
matthyaouw said:
Metallica- S&M.
Metallica playing with a symphony orchestra. An interesting combination, and one that for the most part works quite well.
Really? I thought that album sucked
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
Shook Ones - Mobb Deep
I Try - Talib Kweli
The Corner - Common
Awesome! How are Talib and Common?
 
Last edited:
Greg Bernhardt said:
Shook Ones - Mobb Deep
I Try - Talib Kweli
The Corner - Common

Where the eky thump are you guys, this is some sort of unknowable mumbojubo
right ? please say yes, or i am lost in the 60s, 70s .
 
You are lost in the 60s, 70s. I am in the late 80s right now, listening to Big Daddy Kane -- Long Live The Kane (Ain't No Half-Stepping')
 
In My Head - Queens of the stone age

...simply great
 
Hero
I swear

(You don't know the artist even if I tell you:-p)
 
"Heroes" by David Bowie, perhaps?
Great song.
 
Red Hot Chili Peppers- Dani California.

It's the first single off their not yet released new album. You can get it off their website here:
http://www.redhotchilipeppers.com/news/news.php?uid=161
 
I've been listening to Jethro Tull lately. Last night I listened to ablums "Thick as a Brick" and "Minstrel in the Gallery". I was recently listening to ablums "Stand Up" and "Benefit".

I saw Tull in concert a few times during the 1970's. Always excellent concerts.

Ian Anderson and JT are in a class by themselves.
 
The Black Album: Metallica
can't stop listening to Enter Sandman :biggrin:
 
Right now, Muddy Waters. Next song, who knows? I've got a Sony 400 disk carousel player (most of the collection fits in there) and leave it set on "Shuffle". Next song could be by Marc Cohn, Sweethearts of the Rodeo, Clapton, Taj Mahal, Keb' Mo', Robben Ford, Traffic, Allman Bros, Riders in the Sky, Leon Redbone, Led Zep, Satriani, Vai, the Johnsons (Eric or Robert), Reba, Vince Gill, Aerosmith, ZZTop, AC/DC... There's no Rap or Opera in my collection, but there's a little of everything else.
 
Astronuc said:
I saw Tull in concert a few times during the 1970's. Always excellent concerts.
I saw them on the kickoff of the Aqualung Tour (being in the very northeast corner of the country, Maine got a lot of kick-off performances when I was in college). Anderson threw his flute in the air, spun around once like a baton-twirler and missed the catch. This was apparently not the first time that he blew that move, because a well-prepared roadie tossed him another flute very promptly.
 
turbo-1 said:
I saw them on the kickoff of the Aqualung Tour (being in the very northeast corner of the country, Maine got a lot of kick-off performances when I was in college). Anderson threw his flute in the air, spun around once like a baton-twirler and missed the catch. This was apparently not the first time that he blew that move, because a well-prepared roadie tossed him another flute very promptly.
I think I heard about that. He caught it in Houston. :smile: One of Martin Barre's guitars was stolen at the beginning of the show. I think it was returned some days later.

Even after 40 years, The Tull are still going strong and are currently on a lengthy tour of the UK. Locally, the band are playing Bristol's Colston Hall on 16th March.
BBC.

Jethro Tull - The Aqualung Tour

Excerpted from the BBC and edited - Jethro Tull played Birmingham's Symphony Hall on 2nd March, 2006. They apparetly played the entire Aqualung Album in the set, along with the classics and some of the less well known songs.

Ian and Martin are still going strong!
 
[MEDIA=youtube]CBygW-3ffOY[/MEDIA]&search=liszt[/URL]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Brain Damage. If you don't know who wrote it you have no taste in music
 
rolling stones - always suffering

P.S - About 2 years ago, there was a song I heard many times while sitting in a car. Guy sang about his father, slow rhytm, sad but nice song. I've never gotten to know the title of it, anyone knows what I am talking about? This song was quite famous.
 
that description's a little vague...no more details?