What songs are you listening now?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
105 replies · 13K views
I know, don't know much about that song. All I know is that that guy sang about his father, like he died. It was many times on the radio and music top lists, besides this, I know nothing about it. I'd really like to have that song, though I know nearly nothing about it.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Yo yomamma you're so cool. :!) You bring luck and inspirations. I just did my google foo for 2003 music toplist +father and I got it all.
That song is Luther Vandross - Dance with my father.
Cool song, take a hear,

http://rapidshare.de/files/11896475/Luther_Vandross_-_Dance_With_My_Father.mp3.html
 
Last edited by a moderator:
While I still haven't figured out what I did--thanks
 
yomamma said:
While I still haven't figured out what I did--thanks
Your inspiration, I believe. :biggrin: Maybe heartless thought - what would yomamma do?
 
The new song by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dani California! :biggrin:

Hmmm, hey mattmns, give me some classic songs. I have been looking for some. I have some RUN DMC stuff, but I need to find some more. Give me suggestions.
 
Not listening to anything currently but I think the last thing I listened to was Soul Coughing, the Ruby Vroom album.
 
Well if you want some classic rap from the late 80s check out the following:

--Eric B and Rakim - Paid In Full, and Follow The Leader (imo, Paid in Full is the greatest hip-hop/rap album ever.)
--Boogie Down Productions (BDP) - Criminal Minded, and if you like that, By All Means Necessary (If you want a phyiscal copy of Criminal Minded then you should grab a copy at amazon.com quick, because it is somewhat difficulty to get as it goes in and out of production. Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005QDCC/?tag=pfamazon01-20 )
--Ultramagnetic MCs - Critical Beatdown
--Big Daddy Kane - Long live the Kane and It's a Big Daddy Thing

I would start off with Paid in Full for sure, and if you can, at least get the First album I listed from each group/artist.

Ohh, Cryus I am not sure if you wanted songs or whole albums. Either way, pretty much every song on each album I listed is a classic.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'll check them out and tell you what I think. Give me some more in the mean time, :wink:

Early\mid 90's stuff is good too.
 
Those songs are a little too early rap for my taste. You got anything for the early mid 90's?
 
Yeah Early/Mid 90s is pretty good too, although I prefer the late 80s more.

A Tribe Called Quest: The Low End Theory, Midnight Marauders, and People's Instinctive Travels and the Patterns of Rhythm. (1990-1993?) The last title may be off by a bit, but it is close :smile:
De La Soul: 3 Feet High and Rising (1989)
Jungle Brothers: Straight out the Jungle (1988)

NWA: Straight Outta Compton (1988 or 89)
The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (89 I think)
Dr Dre: The Chronic (90 or 91)
Snoop Dogg: Doggystyle (91 or 92)
2pac: Any of his first 5 or 6 are pretty good. So 2pacalypseNow, Strictly for my Niggaz, Me Against the World, Thug Life Vol 1 ,All Eyes on Me, Don Killuminati: 7 Day Theory. If I had to pick one out of these I would go with Me Against the World.

Notorious BIG: Ready to Die, and Life After Death. (94-96)
Wu-Tang: Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) (93?)
Mobb Deep: Infamous (94?)
Nas: Illmatic (94)?
Jay-Z: Reasonable Doubt(95?)

I added the dates when the albums were released, or at least an estimate, I would have to look up each one to get exacts.
 
Last edited:
Nas: Illmatic (94)?
Jay-Z: Reasonable Doubt(95?)

Oh, I have had those for a while. Those ARE CLASSIC

I got the presidents to represent me, say what!?

I got dead presidents to represent me!

Its like trying to compare two works of art. None is better than the other. Those Cd's are amazing.

Edit:

Dr Dre: The Chronic (90 or 91)

HAHAHH, I have that. That's too hard core at times. :smile:

2pac:
Yea, he is good. (but I want something different than him)
Snoop Dogg: Doggystyle (91 or 92) (again, already got him)
Notorious BIG: (got him too)
NWA: Straight Outta Compton (1988 or 89) :smile: (Not that hard core) :wink:


A Tribe Called Quest: <-- that's a good find.
 
Last edited:
Ohh no doubt those are classics. Pretty much every cd I listed is a classic. Overall I would put Illmatic at #3, behind Paid In Full and Criminal Minded; You should seriously at least listen to Paid In Full a few times, that is the album that got me hooked on late 80s rap.
 
arildno said:
"Heroes" by David Bowie, perhaps?
Great song.
http://www.rhythmofdesire.co.uk/Music/Hero.mp3 :-p :redface:
(curiosity made me listen to it!o:) )
 
Last edited by a moderator: