Exploring Postgraduate Options in the Aerospace Field After B.E.

• Thread starter praveena
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of pursuing postgraduate studies in the field of aerospace engineering after completing a Bachelor's degree in Electronics. The speaker advises to join engineering societies and keep an eye out for job opportunities while in school, as the job market is competitive and constantly changing. However, they also mention that experience is key in getting a job in this field. The conversation also touches on the idea of the risk and return on investment of pursuing higher education and the possibility of working in different roles within the aerospace industry.
praveena
Hai pf,
My name is praveena.And now i am doing my 2nd year B.E(ECE).I am interested in the field of aerospace.can anyone suggest me some points whether i want to continue my postgraduate studies in the field of aerospace or else it's safe to quit it?

Physics news on Phys.org
"Safe to quit it" --for what purpose?

I presume you must have had some goal in pursuing an Engineering degree. What was that goal?

Likes praveena
JakeBrodskyPE said:
"Safe to quit it" --for what purpose?

I presume you must have had some goal in pursuing an Engineering degree. What was that goal?
Nothing was my goal. "safe to quit"- just i am kidding. I prefer myself to go in the path of aerospace.Because of financial problem i had a situation to choose my studies in engineering side.

It is impossible to know what to do in a situation like that unless you have some kind of career choices in mind. Financial limitations often dictate what you can do. Believe me, I've seen it. Of those I knew at the university I attended, literally half the class didn't graduate. Many ran out of money as the economy for technicians and engineers changed during the last year of school.

As such, you should make the effort to join some engineering societies and get to know who is hiring. Keep your eyes open for opportunities, even while you're in school. Make sure they know who you are and what your interests may be.

The days of a job-for-life are gone for most people. You have to remain adaptable, not just in the beginning of your career, but also during your working life as well.

Just know that I'm not a huge fan of academia as training for industry. Yes, it is good for building a solid theoretical foundation, but that's not even half of what an engineer does in real life. So a higher degree may get you some recognition, but experience is what gets you the job.

Likes praveena and CalcNerd
JakeBrodskyPE said:
It is impossible to know what to do in a situation like that unless you have some kind of career choices in mind. Financial limitations often dictate what you can do. Believe me, I've seen it. Of those I knew at the university I attended, literally half the class didn't graduate. Many ran out of money as the economy for technicians and engineers changed during the last year of school.

As such, you should make the effort to join some engineering societies and get to know who is hiring. Keep your eyes open for opportunities, even while you're in school. Make sure they know who you are and what your interests may be.

The days of a job-for-life are gone for most people. You have to remain adaptable, not just in the beginning of your career, but also during your working life as well.

Just know that I'm not a huge fan of academia as training for industry. Yes, it is good for building a solid theoretical foundation, but that's not even half of what an engineer does in real life. So a higher degree may get you some recognition, but experience is what gets you the job.
You had mentioned "some engineering society" what it refers to? Are you saying that going to job is best ratherthan pursuing higher studies?
Do you know any additional course which is best while hiring for job side?

This is not my area of expertise, but a simple search ought to bring up a lot of common professional societies that would help an up and coming student find work.

Likes praveena
JakeBrodskyPE said:
This is not my area of expertise, but a simple search ought to bring up a lot of common professional societies that would help an up and coming student find work.
Thank you jake sir.

praveena said:
Hai pf,
My name is praveena.And now i am doing my 2nd year B.E(ECE).I am interested in the field of aerospace.can anyone suggest me some points whether i want to continue my postgraduate studies in the field of aerospace or else it's safe to quit it?

If you are interested in aerospace engineering you can, in fact, continue working/studying on this field after your B.E. in Electronics.

Likes praveena
DLX said:
If you are interested in aerospace engineering you can, in fact, continue working/studying on this field after your B.E. in Electronics.
Is it possible after finishing B.E. can i continue my studies in aerospace engineering ? Is there any difficulty to pursue aerospace engineering? can you give me some tips?

Do an MSc or get a job.

You give no info and ask no question.

You can be an accountant or a janitor in the areoscape industry.

Things depend on what intellectual level you want to work at on a daily basis.

As for the risk of keep doing more and more advanced education and the odds of getting return on investment, depends on what the job market is like where you are or willing to go.

Likes praveena and Huma Tehreem

FAQ: Exploring Postgraduate Options in the Aerospace Field After B.E.

What are the job opportunities after completing B.E?

After completing B.E, there are various job opportunities available in fields such as engineering, technology, research, and management. Some common job roles are software engineer, mechanical engineer, civil engineer, project manager, and research analyst.

Should I pursue higher studies after B.E?

It depends on your career goals and interests. Pursuing higher studies can provide you with advanced knowledge and skills in your field, which can make you more competitive in the job market. However, if you are more interested in gaining work experience, you can choose to start your career after B.E.

What skills are required to excel in the job market after B.E?

Apart from technical skills, employers also look for soft skills such as communication, teamwork, problem-solving, and adaptability. It is essential to develop a well-rounded skill set to succeed in the job market.

Can I switch to a different field after completing B.E?

Yes, you can switch to a different field after completing B.E. Some industries may require additional qualifications or training, but your engineering degree can provide you with a strong foundation to learn and excel in a new field.

Is it beneficial to do internships during B.E?

Yes, internships are highly beneficial during B.E. They provide valuable practical experience, help you develop industry connections, and enhance your resume. Internships can also give you a better understanding of different job roles and help you make informed career decisions.