What Was Nikola Tesla's Vision for the Tesla Tower's Global Electricity Network?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Bojingles
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Tesla Tower
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
Mr_Bojingles
Messages
78
Reaction score
0
I haven't looked into it much but I was watching a documentary that said Tesla intended the tower to fire a massive ball of electricity all the way around the globe and back to the tower again and keep repeating the process. What the hells that all about?

I thought the Tesla tower was supposed to be so positively charged that it pull massive amounts of electricity out of the ionosphere and that's how man made lightning was formed.

Whats this flying electron ball about?
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2188562935002257117&q=nikola+tesla&total=282&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

Skip to 10 minutes. I think the idea was to charge the ionosphere so much that you could pull electricity out of it from anywhere in the world.
 
Last edited by a moderator: