Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What's inside a gas detection Station?

1. May 10, 2017 #1
    Good Morning guys!

I'm trying to understand more about gas sensors. I know a lot about electrochemical and metaloxide sensors. I've faced all the limits that those sensors presents when you are using them outdoors.

Now I'm wondering how the gas sensors stations can measure different gases with such precission. I suppose that they use different gas sensors and I'd like to know more about them.
    Does anyone knows about this professional gas sensors? Some web where I can start looking?

Cheers flokes/ladys^^!

2. jcsd
  3. May 14, 2017 #2

Baluncore

Science Advisor

4. May 14, 2017 #3
    It's not about what sensor do I understand or not. What I'd like to know is which kind of sensors are inside this stations.

I've worked with metal-oxide and electrochemical. I know there are infrared, but what are the top ones? What kind of sensors are the ones that can certify that there is X concentration of the gas for sure?

Electrochemical sensors can not, cause they have the cross sensitivity issue which doesn't have a mathematical solution.

5. May 16, 2017 #4

Baluncore

Science Advisor

6. May 23, 2017 #5
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted