Whats so special about cokes formula?

Evo
Mentor
Those people you know may be from the no data zones. You may also be talking with the other 70-20% of those who don't say pop. Or you may not realize that you've never heard them generally refer to a carbonated drink and they may in fact say pop.
Or they could all be from Minnesota and are lying about their origins.

Office_Shredder
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2021 Award
Please don't paraphrase, or you will miss the whole point.

It was a joke. Look up some Dos Equis commercials on youtube

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I use the term beer, preferably stouts or porters, or ale.

The other stuff is just carbonated water (or mild solution of carbonic acid) with sugar and artificial sweetners. :yuck:

Root beer or real ginger beer (not wimpy ginger ale) are acceptable.

I didn't find the word 'seltzer' mentioned yet in this thread.

TubbaBlubba
Or they could all be from Minnesota and are lying about their origins.
Or maybe you have a hearing disability that prevents you from hearing "pop" unless it's with a Minnesota accent, and your brain automatically puts "soda" in place based on context, manipulating your memory of the event!

Evo
Mentor
Or maybe you have a hearing disability that prevents you from hearing "pop" unless it's with a Minnesota accent, and your brain automatically puts "soda" in place based on context, manipulating your memory of the event!
Now I am beginning to fear that everyone I know is actually a Minnesotian... POLKA!!

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Now I am beginning to fear that everyone I know is actually a Minnesotian... POLKA!!
Mostly Norwegian bachelor farmers.

Evo
Mentor
Mostly Norwegian bachelor farmers.
They have a huge Swedish population.

Coke gives me awful heartburn. Like Carlsberg. I've lived for years on end on nothing but Pepsi without ill effects.

I wouldn't force the pig filth that Coke is on my worst enemies.

Evo
Mentor
Coke gives me awful heartburn. Like Carlsberg. I've lived for years on end on nothing but Pepsi without ill effects.

I wouldn't force the pig filth that Coke is on my worst enemies.
:rofl: Sounds like the commercial hype has really gotten to you. Who really has such feelings about a soft drink? :uhh:

I'm on Astronuc's side here, I'll take Otter Creek's Stovepipe Porter over soft-drinks any day. The exceptions might be a really excellent root-beer or ginger ale.

Evo
Mentor
I stopped drinking cola drinks years ago, switched to Fresca, which I hated when it first came out, and now I've switched to Arizona Diet Green tea with ginseng. I don't buy it for the ginseng, it's just there.

Beer - I love Boulevard unfiltered wheat, has a great nutty taste.

No paradox. You see, we are also in charge of who is in charge.

:rofl:

it's the doom I tell ya....the doom:tongue2:

:rofl: Sounds like the commercial hype has really gotten to you. Who really has such feelings about a soft drink? :uhh:

What commercial? I own three TVs but they've been in the closet since 2006. Is it about that Russian lady that sued?

I am a strongly opinionated individual. Don't get me start on kraut cars.

Root beer or real ginger beer (not wimpy ginger ale) are acceptable.

Jamaica has some STRONG ginger beer!

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I stopped drinking cola drinks years ago, switched to Fresca, which I hated when it first came out, and now I've switched to Arizona Diet Green tea with ginseng. I don't buy it for the ginseng, it's just there.
[URL]https://www.physicsforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22464&stc=1&d=1260728326[/URL]

Beer - I love Boulevard unfiltered wheat, has a great nutty taste.
Hey -they make Bully Porter and Boulevard Stout. And they're located in KC. Wow! Who'd've thought.
http://www.blvdbeer.com/beer.htm [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Jamaica has some STRONG ginger beer!

Jah luv da root beer away from da hell ah babylon. :)

Kidding done, you're right, and if you travel elsewhere there is a lovely beverage called Bhang...

[URL]https://www.physicsforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22464&stc=1&d=1260728326[/URL]

Hey -they make Bully Porter and Boulevard Stout. And they're located in KC. Wow! Who'd've thought.
http://www.blvdbeer.com/beer.htm [Broken]

Are you in any way a fan of Lambics? I find them to be very concessional, but when I'm in the mood they can really hit the spot. I'm also very fond of rich wheat-beers, but a good porter is a god to worship.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jah luv da root beer away from da hell ah babylon. :)

:rofl:

Judgment!:tongue2:

and if you travel elsewhere there is a lovely beverage called bhang...

:!!) :!!) :!!)

:rofl: I am surrounded by fellow degenerate hedonists! I've never been happier. ;)

Cannabis jokes aside, I do love the kick of real ginger in a true ginger beer. That being said, I am a fanatic lover of ginger, in tea (fresh), candied, and in fizzy goodness.

Ginger tea is the best. xD Where is bhang sold? Indonesia?

turbo
Gold Member
Maine used to have some fantastic birch beers. Light, not too sweet, and best slugged down ice-cold from an almost frozen wet-bottom cooler.

Ginger tea is the best. xD Where is bhang sold? Indonesia?

Bhang is very common in northern India, but I don't believe it's legal in many places beyond that. Certainly I would not want to be smoking or drinking it around the wrong Hindu or Islamic sect. Indonesia... I don't know, but they make Kretek (clove cigarettes) which are terrible for you, but delicious.

Turbo-1: If you find a source for that, please post it, I adore birch beer, it has such a mild almost minty flavor.

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Are you in any way a fan of Lambics? I find them to be very concessional, but when I'm in the mood they can really hit the spot. I'm also very fond of rich wheat-beers, but a good porter is a god to worship.
Yeah and Trappiste Ales, e.g., Chimay. Ommegang Brewery is not too far from here.

I've had some interesting Framboise Lambic Beer, but I generally prefer the pure lambic.

And whenever I get to SD, I have to visit Stone Brewery up in Escondido. They have their own and an incredible selection from around the world. Somewhere I have one of their weekly lists.
http://www.stonebrew.com/

There is also this thread so that we don't derail this one.
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=313464

Last edited: