Whats so special about cokes formula?

Bhang is very common in northern India

Thx!:biggrin:

turbo
Gold Member
Turbo-1: If you find a source for that, please post it, I adore birch beer, it has such a mild almost minty flavor.
I believe that Kist was the better brand, but it's been a long time, and there were several smaller plants putting out birch beer. Back then, sodas were made with cane sugar and they were heavily carbonated and heavily flavored. Orange Kist and Cherry Kist were a couple of my favorites.

Ginger tea is the best.

Especially for those cold Canadian winters
(bhang is good for all seasons :approve:)

Borg
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I mostly drink water. However, I think that I know Pengwuino's preference. :tongue:

[PLAIN]http://mthruf.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/eae6b61a-d8f7-456b-bebd-41984c9a2e8d.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that Kist was the better brand, but it's been a long time, and there were several smaller plants putting out birch beer. Back then, sodas were made with cane sugar and they were heavily carbonated and heavily flavored. Orange Kist and Cherry Kist were a couple of my favorites.

Mmmm.. cane sugar... heavy carbonation... *drool*

Astronuc: I celebrated the 4th with friends, and our mutual friend Chimay! En route to other thread as well, after all, who doesn't like drinkable bread?

Bhang... good since at least 1000BC!

:rofl:

I don't know if you like anything Chai-like....but almond milk with cinnamon, ginger and black tea is SOOOOOOOOOOOO good for cold times:biggrin:

I don't know if you like anything Chai-like....but almond milk with cinnamon, ginger and black tea is SOOOOOOOOOOOO good for cold times:biggrin:

I am East Indian so I am a lover of all teas, especially spiced tea. Orange, lemon, cardamom and various essential oils are other things that I like to add.

I am East Indian

That might explain it for both of us then :tongue2: There are A LOT of East Indians in my family :biggrin:

When it's hot, a little Thandai goes a long way. Yum. I love the Japanese habit of making milk teas with strong black teas; if you take that and put an Indian twist on it (some spice, bergomot, and so forth) it can be perfect for a hot day.

When Coca Cola was first introduced, it contained cocaine. Obviously this has since become unfeasible and they had to switch to crack.:rofl:

DaveC426913
Gold Member
Michael Jackson got burned on Pepsi, Richard Pryor got burned on Coke.

Is that still funny?

KalamMekhar
Micheal Jackson got burned on little boys.

Also, Coke destroys pepsi, pepsi is not recognized by the INSPRC.

Is that still funny?

The question is how "close to home" can a joke about someone else's misfortune get before you take offense to it. If a family member was in the hospital due to heart problems and someone made a joke about that person never doing anything "whole-heartedly" anyway, would you take it as innocent humor? If they were long dead, would you?

DaveC426913
Gold Member
Bah. Explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog. You might find out how it works, but the frog dies.

On June 9, 1981, during the making of the film Bustin' Loose, Pryor set himself on fire after freebasing cocaine while drinking 151-proof rum. He was taken to the hospital, where he was treated for burns covering more than half of his body.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Pryor#The_freebasing_incident

On January 27, 1984, Michael and other members of the Jacksons filmed a Pepsi Cola commercial. In front of a full house of fans during a simulated concert, pyrotechnics accidentally set Jackson's hair on fire. He suffered second-degree burns to his scalp.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michae....22_and_business_career_.281984.E2.80.9385.29

DaveC426913
Gold Member
The question is how "close to home" can a joke about someone else's misfortune get before you take offense to it. If a family member was in the hospital due to heart problems and someone made a joke about that person never doing anything "whole-heartedly" anyway, would you take it as innocent humor? If they were long dead, would you?

If I were making a joke about his death, I'll grant it might* be in poor taste. But his death does not wipe out the previous 52 years of his life. The event to which I referred is 26 years past.

*Not, by any means, granted. As Carol Burnett said: "Comedy is tragedy plus time"

If I were making a joke about his death, I'll grant it might be in poor taste. But his death does not wipe out the previous 52 years of his life.

I was referring to Richard Pryor. Didn't he actually die in some kind of drug-related fire/explosion?

I think he lived and even made a movie joking about it

unless it was another drug related fire explosion thing

DaveC426913
Gold Member
I was referring to Richard Pryor. Didn't he actually die in some kind of drug-related fire/explosion?
Cremation, though fire-related doesn't really qualify as drug-related. :biggrin: He died of heart attack at the ripe age of 65.

Bah. Explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog. You might find out how it works, but the frog dies.

You dissect live frogs?!

DaveC426913
Gold Member
You dissect live frogs?!

All the dead ones I come across are only 1/4" thick and covered in treadmarks.

Is that still funny?

Still funny to me, and it was never too soon. Pryor accepted and joked about his situation, and Michael Jackson was sleeping with Propofol and little boys, or at least, life-size dolls of them (http://yfrog.com/05life7rj). That joke would be funny at his funeral, and I think Pryor wouldn't have advocated self-censorship.

GeorginaS: Interesting... the frog dies before you dissect, otherwise it's vivisection. To dissect, you still have to kill the frog first. Your mind works in interesting ways. ;)