Whats so special about cokes formula?

• Thread starter sportsstar469
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Formula
In summary, the conversation revolves around the perceived differences between Coke and Pepsi, with some individuals stating they can taste a difference but others finding them to be similar. The secrecy surrounding the formula of Coke is also mentioned, with some pointing out that it is largely a marketing ploy. The conversation also touches on regional differences in what is referred to as "pop" or "soda." Some individuals also mention not regularly drinking soda, but enjoying it in certain situations. The use of cocaine in the original recipe for Coca-Cola is mentioned, with sources cited to support this claim.
DaveC426913 said:
Hm. If humour is my default state, maybe what I need is an emoticon for when I'm being serious. :serious:
No wait. I'm not being serious, so :smile:
No. I don't need the smiley. Damn.

See what you just did to mismaratwork?

Physics news on Phys.org
GeorginaS said:
See what you just did to mismaratwork?

Apparently I opened the ark of the covenant and forget to close my eyes. :rofl:

What is wrong with you people?! COKE AND PEPSI TASTE THE SAME! It's probably made by the same company as well

kramer733 said:
What is wrong with you people?! COKE AND PEPSI TASTE THE SAME! It's probably made by the same company as well

They taste the same to me as well. People always try to explain the difference, yet their explanations are always different. Some explain it in a way that doesn't even make sense. I had someone tell me Pepsi tasted more gamy.
And I love it when people are utterly flabbergasted when they hear you think they taste the same. They go on to explain it's like night and day, only more opposite than even that.
I once said Spanish and Portuguese were similar languages and that made some people flip out. Apparently if you take the two most opposite things in the world, they're not even close to being near the oppositeness of Spanish and Portuguese. At least according to those people I was talking to.

Pepsi is slightly sweeter than coke and that's about it.

kramer733 said:

Not even close.

kramer733 said:

If they taste the same, surely there wouldn't be myriads of people religiously claiming that there's a difference! :!):wink::mad::grumpy::uhh::biggrin::confused: :smile::frown::bugeye:

Last edited: