What's the best book for learning statistics in a business course?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Ronnin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Book Statistics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 5K views
Ronnin
Messages
168
Reaction score
1
Can anyone recommend a good book for first year statistics. I'm taking a business stat course and the book for it has absolutely no depth to it. Nothing is derived or really explained from a mathmatical standpoint. This is one of those classes where you just do a bunch of plug and chug without really getting an intuitive feel for the material. Any suggestions?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I like "Applied Statistics and Probability for Engineers" by Douglas C. Montgomery and George C. Runger. However, I haven't actually studied out of any others (except Shaums Outlines' "Statistics" by Murray Spiegal and Larry Stephens) so my opinion probably isn't the best to consider.