What's the relationship between UA, Ub and Uc?

In summary, UA stands for "unbound antibody", Ub stands for "unbound antigen", and Uc stands for "unbound complex". These components are all related to the body's immune response and can affect its balance. An imbalance between UA, Ub, and Uc can result in either an overactive or underactive immune response, leading to various health issues.
pepsico007

Homework Statement

As showing in the picture, I need to get the relationship of UA, Ub and Uc.
I am a mathematical student and weakly in physics, so I come here to get some help.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 396
Physics news on Phys.org
I think what you are looking for are Kirschoff's laws

1. What is UA?

UA stands for "unbound antibody", which refers to antibodies that are not attached to any antigen or pathogen. These antibodies are free to bind to other antigens and initiate an immune response.

2. What is Ub?

Ub stands for "unbound antigen", which refers to antigens that are not bound to any antibodies. These antigens are free to bind to antibodies and trigger an immune response.

3. What is Uc?

Uc stands for "unbound complex", which refers to the complex formed when an antibody binds to an antigen. This complex can trigger an immune response or be removed from the body through various mechanisms.

4. How are UA, Ub, and Uc related?

UA, Ub, and Uc are all components of the body's immune response. When an antigen enters the body, UA and Ub are both present. If UA and Ub bind together, they form Uc. This complex can then trigger an immune response to eliminate the antigen.

5. What happens if UA, Ub, and Uc are not in balance?

If UA, Ub, and Uc are not in balance, it can lead to an overactive or underactive immune response. For example, an excess of UA and Ub without enough Uc can result in chronic inflammation and autoimmune disorders. On the other hand, a deficiency of UA and Ub with an excess of Uc can lead to a weakened immune response and increased susceptibility to infections.